sixgun

Savage 93r17 tr

I got mine as new old stock on gunbroker for under $400.

I love the rifle, extremely accurate, and ammo seems to be becoming more available.  I've had good luck at Dick's, compared to one place which tried to sell me .17HM2...It's kinda funny seeing how tiny those holes are in paper...

The rifle originally came with 5rd mags, so if you want to buy a 10rd mag, make sure your rifle's serial is 1158378 or higher.  I found the mags on ebay, and I think I paid about $23, but I haven't looked since July/August.

17HM2 is a great round that never took off. 80% the ballistics of 17HMR at half the price. Lack of support causing ammo scarcity have negated its advantage though.

Yeah, I have a Savage in 17HM2.  It shoots like a laser out to 100 yards.   It's a fun little gun.  But, like you said, it has been getting difficult to find ammo for it. 

I have a quite-basic Savage rimfire rifle in .22lr, bolt-action.  it is basically a Dick's Sporting Goods special exclusive, "GXP" model... wooden stock (while many call it the "basic" wooden stock, it is the most beautiful firearm I have and really looks GREAT to me, worth *way way more* than the $149.99 I paid for it).

It is the most accurate and beautiful firearm I have and is FAULTLESS.  I am not sure how great the .17 HMR is PERSONALLY, but I read great things, and I Can say Savage is a great producer.