Sign in to follow this  
diamondd817

Need a Revolver Expert

I have 3 newer production S&W revolvers. Someone mentioned to me to look and see if my barrels are canted (over-torqued or under-torqued). Sure enough, all 3 of my revolvers barrels are canted (2-under, 1-over). I am talking the slightest amount, you would probably need a micrometer to measure it. Seems some internet commandos think this is a problem.  I read a comment that a S&W rep said it is normal for minor cant, it's how they zero the guns at the factory. I seem to believe the S&W's rep comment as my guns do shoot straight. What say you?

I have 3 newer production S&W revolvers. Someone mentioned to me to look and see if my barrels are canted (over-torqued or under-torqued). Sure enough, all 3 of my revolvers barrels are canted (2-under, 1-over). I am talking the slightest amount, you would probably need a micrometer to measure it. Seems some internet commandos think this is a problem.  I read a comment that a S&W rep said it is normal for minor cant, it's how they zero the guns at the factory. I seem to believe the S&W's rep comment as my guns do shoot straight. What say you?

That's one of the great problems with the internet....lots of armchair "keyboard Commandos" that don't know shit from shinola!  The great Elmer Keith, inventor of the .44 Remington Magnum cartridge, once hit and finished-off a previously-wounded mule deer at a measured 600 yards with his 4" tubed Smith and Wesson .44 Magnum loaded with his custom 300 grain Keith-style flat point bullets.  I bring this up to illustrate what a good revolver man can do with a gun he knows.  And Keith did this BEFORE the internet was invented, and most probably decades prior to the birth of said Commandos, lol!

Smith and Wesson isn't in business to make guns that "shoot crooked", so don't pay no nevermind to armchair types who won't actually get their guns dirty by pullin' the triggers!

Enjoy your wheelguns and pass them down to your kids...they are Smith and Wessons after-all!

Dave

Does this mean I have to have 15 more kids?

NO--I'll give you MY address and phone so when it's time, I'll get them willed to me because I'm such a NICE GUY!

Just kiddin'!  May we both live forever and have eyes like in our youth, lol!

Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the Clan!

Dave