Sign in to follow this  
louu

Finally!!! First Pistol!!!

I've been shooting shotguns and rifles for 14 years but never owned a hand gun. Well after waiting for 64 days for my P2p's I am the proud owner of a brand new bad ass Springfield Range Officer 1911. The people at The Gun Rack in Vineland are awesome! They answered all my questions and gave me a great deal.

I went straight to the range from there. It was raining today so I figured I would try the indoor range for the first time. Unfortunately there was something wrong with the lights and only two of them worked. The black sights on the gun were pretty hard to see.

untitledpngeedff_zps08f61b47.png

untitledpngbhgbh_zps8abe7259.png

I had set up a flashlight on the target

untitledpngmmnnjj_zps93f956a9.png

Here is a target that I rested my forearms on the little table

untitledpnguytrcx_zps1cc94d1b.png

Here is a target I shot free standing.

untitledpngtgfrtgf_zpsfe1cde5c.png

I saved all my brass because I cant believe how fast $50 in ammo goes. I think I was there about an hour and shot 100 rounds. I'm going to get into reloading soon.

I cant believe how fun it is, with a little more practice I think I can get pretty good at it. If I can get off work I'm going to go to the steel match at the Central Jersey club next month.

Congrats on the new pistol!  The RO is a very nice gun, great bang for your buck (pun intended) as far as a 1911 goes.  I had the same problem with my Kimber with the sights (black on black).  A quick fix is put a dot of nail polish in a bright color on the front sight (can always be removed) or there are plenty of aftermarket sights for the 1911.  

Thanks guys, the black circle is 12 inches across. I thought about painting the front sight but I'm going to try it outside with daylight first. My steel target is white so it might work okay. I was thinking about changing it to a gold dot.

Thanks guys, the black circle is 12 inches across. I thought about painting the front sight but I'm going to try it outside with daylight first. My steel target is white so it might work okay. I was thinking about changing it to a gold dot.

Daylight the black/black sights aren't an issue for me, it's just when it's somewhat dark or shady out that it sucks.  

Which range is this at?