Braeden

+1 for Efingers

Originally went over to Lou's in Raritan and honestly the guys there were nasty and rude, seemed like they couldn't be bothered with someone asking questions.

I decided to pop over to Efingers to see what they had and all the guys there were friendly, helpful and liked to have a laugh.  Totally different experience.  Prices were good and ended up picking up my PX4 from them today.  Highly recommend.

Efingers has definitely changed --  I've lived near there and been shopping there for over 20 years -- Bought my 1st gun there this summer -- The prices are very competitive now...

As for Lou's -- Been there twice -- Seems it's a hassle for them to take the cable lock out of the handguns -- They just don't seem like they want to let you handle much initially --

Once you get them to take out that lock, it does get a little easier -- I guess they figure, I took off the lock, might as well try and make a sale

I have never made a purchase at Lou's although I did try --  It was when NICS was at 20 days -- Wanted to leave a deposit, over the phone, on a gun that I had fondled there  -- Didn't want to take down my credit card info for the deposit -- Found something else before I made it back...

I've only ever had a good experience at Lou's.

My first time there, I walked in asking about about a couple of .45s (Sig vs. FNX). I said up front I wasn't buying anything for a few months. Nevertheless, one of the guys (Chris?) spent about 30 minutes w/ me, showing me  and letting my handle the guns I asked about. and then showed me some alternatives and some 1911s without me even asking.

I've there a few more times to pick up some ammo and a cheap .22, but never spent any real money. Each time, good customer service and also spent some time talking guns, gun laws, ppl who are scared of buying hollow points, etc (and Chinese food).

As for Efinger, I agree those guys are great. I stop in there pretty regularly just to see what's new in the used counter or pick up my hunting permits and the guys are nothing but friendly every time.

Never had a problem with Lou's. As a matter of fact, I purchased my first AR and my last pistol from them. Chris and Marshal have always been nice and always offered to help. More often than not, they've offered more help than I actually needed. Maybe you got them on a bad day.

Always had a great experience with Lou's.  They know their business, have always been helpful and go the extra mile.  Prices are great.  Special orders are no problem.  My last order was a Remington SPS tactical 308 and Chris spent a lot of time with me.  He recommended a less expensive scope that is a great value, bore sighted it for me and mounted everything for no charge. 

Marshall is just as nice.  I saw him treat a guy buying his first 22 like he was royalty.  No high pressure.  Let him leave to think it all over.  The advice he gave was spot on too.

Lou's ammo prices are a bit  high but I shop online for my ammo.  They also have a nice selection of good used guns in the back and a lot of inventory to browse.