Melgamatic

GunForHire / Woodland Park - An Amazing Team

I spent three long days in the past week taking NRA Certified Instructor and RSO training with Gun For Hire at the Woodland Park Range, and every expectation I had was far surpassed.  I joined as a gold member afterwards because this is where I want to shoot.

I could write paragraphs, but it really comes down to just a few things:

1) Every single person who works there (and there are a LOT of them) is friendly, helpful and polite.  No grumpy people, no barking, no bad behaviors at all.  Everyone is just plain as nice and helpful as you'd want anyone to be.

2) Customer Service.  Anthony has built a team that strives for excellent customer service.  Anyone I talked with not only helped, but went out of their way to make me happy and comfortable.  I wish luxury car dealers had this level of customer service.  I can't think of another business I deal with that matches GFH/WPR.

3) Facility.  It's just a well-thought out place, clean and well-maintained.  They put a lot of thought into how you'd want a range, training facility and cafe to be laid out.  The classrooms were spotless, and the chairs comfortable.   I had sandwiches from the cafe each day (included in the course fee) and they were delicious and made to order with good quality ingredients.

4) Anthony.  I had the pleasure of having Anthony teach 2.5 of my 3 days of classes and find him to be a very impressive guy.  He has built this business into something really amazing, and you can see it's his leadership that's making it happen.  He is a fun guy in the classroom, but also a very strong teacher.  He makes everyone feel at ease, and really knows how to work a classroom.  His devotion to helping students and answering his email is impressive, too.

After classes all day Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, I joined the range (at the gold level) and went shooting on Sunday.  Had to wait maybe 5 minutes, and then enjoyed their wonderful range.  RSO's are not only competent, they are friendly.  I didn't know that friendly and helpful RSO's really existed, but there are many of they here.  

One example: I didn't know if it was OK to pick up my brass, so I asked the RSO if it would be OK if I picked up my brass that fell right in my port.  He said not only it was OK, but he'd sweep my brass towards me so that it would be easier.  

I only had one other instructor for 1/2 the RSO course, and he was also great.  His style was different than Anthony's, but as he ran us through role playing RSO scenarios, you could appreciate his teaching style and depth of knowledge.  The role playing in the RSO course was key.

As some of you might remember from my previous posts I really don't care for indoor ranges compared to outdoors, and have really hesitated joining an indoor range.  GunForHire and the Woodland Park Range have changed my mind, and although I'll still be outside on sunny days on long rifle ranges, you're going to see my at GFH when it's dark, raining, or I just want an easy shoot.  The air in the GFH/WPR range felt so much cleaner than in other indoor ranges I've used.

I'm looking forward to taking other NRA Instructor courses as they are offered in the next few months.

If you live within a reasonable distance from this place (it turned out I'm closer than I thought, and it takes me about 28 minutes from Fanwood), you need to visit.  if you want any kind of NRA or other training that they offer, you should try them.

I'm really blown away by this place and all the people.

-Dave

Awwwwww, Anthony.... You didn't tell them that was your sweet and easy clone teaching the class?

Dang, wait till the real Anthony teaches ya.... You'll be cursing and burping cigar smoke all day....

I was there yesterday with the wife. As we were leaving, Anthony asked if we had a good time(how can you not have a good time at this place), he also asked how long the wait was and we told him about 5 minutes.

Anthony and the team are top notch.

I went early Sunday morning and had to wait about 5 minutes or less.  Went to the mens room, and by the time I finished washing my hands my name was up.  It might have been another 5 minutes without a membership.

Just started my first FFL transaction with them.  $20, including NICS, for members.  I don't think you can beat that anywhere.