JoshShootsStuff

Greetings from Cranbury, Mercer County

Hi guys. What an awesome site, I've been creeping for a while now and have learned a lot from reading through all your posts. I just got my FID card in October after inheriting an old H&R revolver and Mossberg select a choke 20 gauge from my grand pops. Then, since I had a P2P I decided to use it and got a bi-tone Ruger SR22, had a day off of work and took my wife to Shore Shot and we both loved it and I decided it would be a swell new hobby. I got 3 more P2P's last week and bought an M&P22, ordered a Springfield XDM 9mm that I can pick up in exactly 25 days, and am eyeing up a 1911 of some sorts... I also got a Smith M&P 15-22 from Cheyenne Mountain on black Friday, I don't have much (about 250 rounds total) of experience but I'm looking forward to sending a lot more lead down range. I plan on joining a range in the next month or two and getting involved with an awesome group of people. Thanks for the site and all your informative posts!

Hey welcome ...I'm not far from Cranbury at all!

I'm actually right on the border of East Windsor and Cranbury, the dividing line is in my back yard. So half the time I'm from Cranbury and the other half I'm from East Windsor. My mailing address is Cranbury but I get my P2P's from East Windsor, super friendly pro-2A guys over there

How's it shoot? I just bought a Ruger SR22 last week.

The Ruger is great, it's a good size even in my big hands and it works for my wife too. The M&P I haven't gotten an oppurtunity to shoot yet, only clean real good. I wanted to go to the range but I'm also trying to join Citizens Rifle and Revolver Club near my house soon, so compromise with my wife is making me hold off on going to a range until I join up somewhere

I'm actually right on the border of East Windsor and Cranbury, the dividing line is in my back yard. So half the time I'm from Cranbury and the other half I'm from East Windsor. My mailing address is Cranbury but I get my P2P's from East Windsor, super friendly pro-2A guys over there

Yeap Detective Gorski is great. He knows what a nightmare it is in some towns to get an FID. I actually grew up in Monroe and have lived in this area my entire life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can always go to Shore Shot in Lakewood. It's like $23 total to shoot ...that's range time, targets and tax

That's not bad, but it's still about an hour each way, which is tought to fit into my schedule right now unfortunately... I was going to try to go down there tomorrow though, my wife has a P2P that's going to expire in a few days and someone on the forum said there was a used range gun for sale there that was a pretty good deal. I'd rather buy something than let a permit expire, we'll see if I can talk her into it

Hey man contact Steve from Monmouth Arms (his forum name is remixer) ...he gives great rates on new ones, too. Definitely don't let that P2P expire lol

Let me know if you want to go to SS sometime. Until I get a membership to CRRC I'll be going there. Maybe we can go together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my MP22 from Steve, and I ordered an XDM 9mm from him that I'll pick up after 30 days, he's a good dude. My wife got her FID and P2P at the same time I did, so her permit is expiring and I just wanted to get something with it. I figured a decently priced used gun would do, so I'm going to head over to Cheyenne Mountain one night this week.

I'm planning on joining Citizens too. Have you gone through any of the process yet or are you starting with the meeting in a few weeks? I'll be there and then sign up for the safety course and everything, I don't like the 5 round in a mag rule but since it's only a few minutes down the road I don't think you can go wrong.