Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Stu

Anyone else shooting the Arctic Blast IDPA match this weekend?

Looks like you are the only crazy one among us. Think of us on Sunday, when you are out freezing your nads off. We'll be warm & toasty and eating pizza, while also enjoying IDPA at Somerset. (still two slots still open, BTW).

Have fun Stu.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Looks like you are the only crazy one among us. Think of us on Sunday, when you are out freezing your nads off. We'll be warm & toasty and eating pizza, while also enjoying IDPA at Somerset. (still two slots still open, BTW).

Have fun Stu.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I have my cold weather gear all sorted out so I'll be just fine thanks Bob.

I also designed the stages for Somerset on Sunday so I know what you're in for - hopefully they'll make you smile.

Stu.

I also designed the stages for Somerset on Sunday so I know what you're in for - hopefully they'll make you smile.

Stu.

I just want to know if they are revolver friendly.

With the weather lately, this will be anything but an arctic blast. 41 degrees in my area sunday? More like fall in january!

The staff shoot on Friday afternoon was a balmy 42 degrees with sunshine and no wind.

About 1.5 inches of snow fell overnight Friday and the paying customers felt the Arctic Blast properly both Saturday and Sunday. I was working the pit at the top of the hill and it was definitely cold. After the snow had been stepped on a few times it got really slick too so the shooters had to step carefully.

I take my hat off to the girls toting up the scores because my handwriting is terrible at the best of times and is significantly worse when I can't feel my fingers.

I managed to come away with 1st place CDP Sharpshooter, but no bump because there weren't enough people in the division.