Sign in to follow this  
67gtonut

Motorola Moto X

I got one back in Nov on VZW - awesome phone. Probably the best smartphone I've had to date. It has some nice innovative features you just don't see elsewhere, even in iPhone. Some of my favorites:

- Active Display (automatically flashes up the clock when it senses you so you don't even need to press a button to wake it up)

- Google Now - works *much* better than Siri ever did on iphone

- One of the first phones to get KitKat version of android (1st phone on VZW)

- It's not filled with bloatware...pretty much a stock android experience with only a few VZW pre-loaded apps.

On paper it looks dated because of some specs (i.e. dual core only vs quad core on other phone, 720 screen) but in real life it's a very well executed phone and I don't seem to miss any of those features.

I've had the Droid Maxx now for a couple months, and love it.  I realize it's a different phone, but the software is essentially the same.  The active display by far is awesome!  It nearly eliminates the need of pushing the power button to wake the phone.  I'll never get another phone without this or a similar feature.  Personally, I'd go with the maxx for the battery life (can be stretched to 3 days), but if that isn't that important to you, then I'm sure you'll be happy with the X.  The VZW bloatware that everyone complains about is annoying, but it really isn't a big deal since you can now disable apps in the operating system, so you'll never see it again once you do.

I have the maxx as well and its definitely an upgrade over my old X.

The battery wouldnt last me very long and it tended to bog down after a while.

This one is a beast though. If you are on your phone constantly and like to have the new updates I'd go for the maxx fo sho

I also have a droid maxx and I'd recommend it. Even with new kit kat update the battery life is good. To be honest though it was killer before the update. Anyone experience this with the new update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is about the same after the update.  

Mine's the same if not a little better. I got the update early though because I signed up for the "soak tests". The battery life takes a few days to settle down...

I'll have to keep an eye on it. Like today I would say was minimal use and I took the phone off at 730am and it's down to 34%. Before with regular use it would still be in the sixties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk