Shawnmoore81

P226 mk25 fde

Has anyone bought one of these? I'm gonna order a mk25 this week and really thinking about the fde color. It's different and most of my guns are black. How is it at hiding wear?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm chipping away at my short list while I'm working over time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just delivered one of these last Friday in black. Awesome gun. For the money also look at the 226 Extreme. Same gun without phosphor controls but has the short reset trigger and G10 grips.

Www.plumstedarms.com

That's my next gun once the funds hit next month. Was really considering the fde, but the black keeps me humming and huffing cause I love black (evil looking ;),

Right now they are more rare than the blacks. Plus I see quite often, they are charging at least 50 bux more...

It will be my first sig either way.... Got 3 permits.... so gotta find something. :)

The mk25 is sweet. Very nice to shoot, and one of my favorites. I prefer the black (there aren't a lot of fde models of any handgun that I like beyond the fnx45 tactical, though this sig is pretty nice). Slide lock, decocker, and mag release are all in the right places and easy to operate. The ergonomics are very comfortable and its very accurate. Highly recommended.

I don't know if these are actually available yet in FDE.  I have been looking for one and just bought an M&P VTAC because I like the color so much and couldn't find the MK25 in FDE.  If you find them for sale somewhere, I may have to apply for another pistol permit or 2.   I have to say though I really like the M&P VTAC though. 

I went with black. I got a deal I couldn't refuse because it got my personal collection

Good call. I just took another look at the FDE and something about it just doesn't work.

In FDE, the "Scorpion" (despite the goofy name) is much nicer looking.

P226-Scorpion-detail-L.jpg

There are about 26 models of p226. With the exception of a p226 .22 believe it or not, they all vary by caliber, .9, .40, and .357sig, finish, material, guts, sights, etc.... Otherwise, a p226 is a proven firearm throughout the years of it's history.

I call it the Italian Menu of p226..., cause when I go out to eat Italian, I always have a dilemma of what to eat. So I virtually toss a fork in the air and viola. Worse case, best out of three. That's where I am with my next purchase. One of the p226 line will be the lucky winner. Is it the MK25, the Scorp, the Extreme, blah! Decisions decisions....

:)

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Just delivered one of these last Friday in black. Awesome gun. For the money also look at the 226 Extreme. Same gun without phosphor controls but has the short reset trigger and G10 grips.

Www.plumstedarms.com

MK25D pictured above has the short reset trigger. I am picking up one at the end of the week.

im not sure how much different the phosphate internals are but i really dislike the fact that they chose to go with a different rail on these models.  only real reason i won't get one.  other than that, what's not to like.  

FYI, I believe the rail is milled, and is a true 1919 picatinny rail. In my opinion that makes it better then the standard p226 rail.

There are about 26 models of p226. With the exception of a p226 .22 believe it or not, they all vary by caliber, .9, .40, and .357sig, finish, material, guts, sights, etc.... Otherwise, a p226 is a proven firearm throughout the years of it's history.

I call it the Italian Menu of p226..., cause when I go out to eat Italian, I always have a dilemma of what to eat. So I virtually toss a fork in the air and viola. Worse case, best out of three. That's where I am with my next purchase. One of the p226 line will be the lucky winner. Is it the MK25, the Scorp, the Extreme, blah! Decisions decisions....

:)

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

John get the MK25.

MK25D pictured above has the short reset trigger. I am picking up one at the end of the week.

Interesting, the 25D is the Desert version and even on Sigs web site the specs listed do not show that model or any MK model with the SRT. I am surprised since the MK series was designed against Navy specifications and I doubt the Navy would ever allow a competition SRT. I have never seen one. I would be interested in hearing about it when you get it if that's ok with you. I have installed SRTs in MKs for customers.

Only the MK25D and the M11A1D have the srt. Not the black variants. Saw it on their sight and it is also mentioned as having it on both Sig forums.

Interesting, it must have been released since you are getting one. Two of my Sig suppliers, Lipseys and RSR don't show the new variant. Thanks for the info