Sign in to follow this  
HardCorr

AIM NiB BCG

Does anyone own the AIM Surplus NiB BCG? I was curious if there were any issues. It seems like a good deal for a NiB BCG. $129.00 delivered with a lifetime warranty.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMNiBBCGV2&name=AIM+NiB+.223%2f5.56+AR%2fM16+Bolt+Carrier+Group&groupid=723

I'm not sure if this is an issue but I found this. The only bias is that the person has not fired a round to confirm if this is an issue or not. It may not be an issue after a few rounds but it's interesting that he states the bolt face is slightly oval.

http://youtu.be/DxIpE5Iwr6g

Thanks, I watched the video. Kind of odd that was happening, seems like AIM Surplus was quick to remedy it by sending out a new bolt and a return label for the one that he was having issues with. If I do order one I will give a review (if I can ever get to the range). Just seems like a good price. I have a WMD NiB BCG and it is really easy to clean, with the coating on it.

In my expierence, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't buy one of these becuse the real ones cost almost $70 more on average. So how is AIM making theirs so much cheaper? I personally don't want to find out.

has nothting to do with quality, it's a business model and variables dictate price for many of these smaller shops.  Hell if that were the case, why would anyone buy colt with the qc, bad bolts, and cheap price? 

I have 2 of them, about 1500 rounds on 1 and a couple hundred on the other with zero issues.  There are thousands of these out there and a ton of reviews.  I have yet to see any negative ones besides that video above.  The aim nib's are enhanced and absolutely best bang for the buck.

Cool thanks, that's good to hear. I am doing my first full upper build and wanted to keep the cost down. I picked up a stripped upper and upper build kit from PSA for about $65 and the Troy 12" Bravo Rail for $109. So now I need to pick up a barrel gas block and a tube.