Sign in to follow this  
02gixxersix

Disassembled AR - Question

I know this might be a very random and difficult to answer question. I also realize that no one ever actually gets in trouble for owning an "evil" rifle. If someone was to build some rifles that would be legal in non-communist states, but kept the lower and upper separate, what would be the legality? I realize that a lot of these type of questions are not completely answerable because there is no precedent; I just wanted to hear the consensus, The reason I ask is that I would like to build a few more rifles, and being a military guy I hope and pray everyday that I get orders out of this garbage pile I have been forced to live in for the past 10 years. Thoughts?

The law mentions having the gun or the parts to assamble the gun so even if you have an evil upper and/or evil lower you are breaking the law. Will the po-po kick in your door and drag you to Git-Mo; no. But an over-zealous range officer or a traffic stop gone bad could potentially lead to trouble.

Risk/benefit is what you have to decide for yourself.

Similar question:

Can I legally have a non compliant upper and lower parts (less the receiver) shipped to my house if my current AR15 is kept elsewhere, so that it is not in my possession when my upper and lower parts arrive? Is there constructive intent?

Similar question:

Can I legally have a non compliant upper and lower parts (less the receiver) shipped to my house if my current AR15 is kept elsewhere, so that it is not in my possession when my upper and lower parts arrive? Is there constructive intent?

An upper and lower parts are not considered a firearm by themselves in PRNJ but if they found you with a lower in your possession (the firearm part) then you would have all the parts needed to become Bubba's next girlfriend!

An upper and lower parts are not considered a firearm by themselves in PRNJ but if they found you with a lower in your possession (the firearm part) then you would have all the parts needed to become Bubba's next girlfriend!

So if I understand you correctly, you can legally have in your possession all of the collapsible stocks, pistol grips, and uppers complete with bayonet lugs and flash hiders as you chose AS LONG AS you don't have a receiver in your possession?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

So if I understand you correctly, you can legally have in your possession all of the collapsible stocks, pistol grips, and uppers complete with bayonet lugs and flash hiders as you chose AS LONG AS you don't have a receiver in your possession?Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

No serialized receiver, no gun. BCM sent me an unpinned 14.5" complete upper (nfa if on a rifle) to nyc. It was a 14.5" complete paperweight in the eyes of the law.