Sign in to follow this  
302w

Brodeur.

Will he still be here tomorrow?

I.. Don't really know. I would assume he would be staying purely because he was playing tonight, because if he were to be injured, the deal would be off. 

I don't think he is worth anything worthwhile in a trade IMO. I would be pretty dissappointed to see him leave. Although his dramatic BS is getting on my nerves. 

I think so. Can't be much of a market for an aging goal tender with declining stats. Minny took Bryz over him and that says something doesn't it? The return would be a later round draft pick-5th or later- I would have to guess Penner went for just a 4th I believe. What does that really gain you by trading the best player in franchise history?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Yeah I hear you, the more I hear about him the more I get irritated.

I mean come on, he's played his entire career with the Devils and now, at the end of his career, is going to get traded? That's really lame if you ask me. I know he's getting antsy because he is getting more bench time as Schneider (who I like, and is pretty good so far) gets more ice time, but it is what it is buddy. Some may even argue his career is over and now he's just "sticking around". I respect Brodeur and he is quite possibly the best nhl goalie ever, but in my opinion he is getting older and his career is on the horizon. And that horizon is getting closer by the week. Schneider is taking his place and I feel good about him. 

Brodeur just needs to just get out already. I know it's hard as he loves playing hockey, loves the comraderie and the celebrity status, but it's time.  He had an amazing career but I will be upset if he gets traded to another team to get more ice time and then retires on a team that he hasn't played for the past…however many year.

While I am not a Devils fan (sorry guys I grew up in MI and I love my Red Wings) It is sad that the Devils are going to trade him. He is by far one of the best all time goalies.

How did you like last night's game? :p

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Let's remember this old timer almost won us another cup 2 years ago. And he can still outplay most goaltenders in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Michael Leighton "almost" won a cup for the Flyers. He's playing in Europe now. Blodeur should just retire. Although I will miss razzing him at games.

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Michael Leighton "almost" won a cup for the Flyers. He's playing in Europe now. Blodeur should just retire. Although I will miss razzing him at games.

Why should he retire if he is still playing the way he is? If I were him I would sign an extension and be mentor and back so he can make Schneider a better goal tender.

Callahan +picks to Tampa Bay for St. Louis. Interesting. 

On the subject of NYR.... I really miss the group from 2012ish and before. Including Sean Avery. I mean, I HATE Avery, and generally dislike anyone that works at MSG, but they were 'the' Rangers for me. Torts blowing up all the time and everything was a favorite of mine. Made the NYR/NJD games better.

Why should he retire if he is still playing the way he is? If I were him I would sign an extension and be mentor and back so he can make Schneider a better goal tender.

Why waste a roster spot for him to be a goalie coach? His style of goaltending has become a hindrance to the team. Of course every player wants to go out on a blaze of glory, but he'll be nothing but a back up that never plays if he goes past this season.

He's not a bona fide starter in this league anymore, and his pay isn't justified to be back up worthy. Speculating here but i doubt he'd take a massive pay cut. All signs point to him hitting the links next October.

Callahan +picks to Tampa Bay for St. Louis. Interesting.

On the subject of NYR.... I really miss the group from 2012ish and before. Including Sean Avery. I mean, I HATE Avery, and generally dislike anyone that works at MSG, but they were 'the' Rangers for me. Torts blowing up all the time and everything was a favorite of mine. Made the NYR/NJD games better.

My quick thoughts as a NYR ticket holder, Callahan may have been my favorite player on the team but his contract demands were insane. Not glad he's gone, and think 2 high round picks were a big much, but we're a better team on paper now. MSL is an elite talent and may make NYR fans forget about Cally if we push for a cup.

Vanek goes to MTL for a 2nd round pick and a prospect. Remember that the Isles gave up Moulson, a 1st, and a 2nd to get him. Not exactly equal value. Garth Snow has to be feeling it after today.

Re: Brodeur, my stance all along has been the same. Don't trade him. There was no market for him. You wanna do right by him after all he's done for the NJD, but you can't just give him away for nothing.

If Marty wants to take a 50% pay cut and be my backup next year and play 25 games, I'll welcome him with open arms. But that's not happening. He still wants to play. He'll sign with another team in July. He won't retire.

Regarding the Devils acquiring Ruutu - I don't mind him as a player, and I don't really care that we gave up Loktionov and a pick, but I'm concerned over the fact that Ruutu has TWO years left on his deal. Looks like we'll have to get used to him in a Devil uniform.

Schneider hasn't earned the number one spot yet. So I wouldn't say we won't see brodeur next year yet

Schneider is the number 1 goalie for this franchise going forward. If he wasn't, Lamoriello wouldn't have traded the 9th overall pick in the draft for him (which was a major steal, by the way). If you want him to stay, you have to extend him this summer and give him he bulk of the work. He's better than Marty at this point in their careers, and playing time should reflect that.

Schneider is the number 1 goalie for this franchise going forward. If he wasn't, Lamoriello wouldn't have traded the 9th overall pick in the draft for him (which was a major steal, by the way). If you want him to stay, you have to extend him this summer and give him he bulk of the work. He's better than Marty at this point in their careers, and playing time should reflect that.

We can agree to disagree then. I dont think he is being outplayed by Schneider by any means. I like Schneider. I look forward to him being our number 1 but don't be surprised if brodeur gets more playing time down the stretch. If I'm wrong in wrong. Just my opinion.

We can agree to disagree then. I dont think he is being outplayed by Schneider by any means. I like Schneider. I look forward to him being our number 1 but don't be surprised if brodeur gets more playing time down the stretch. If I'm wrong in wrong. Just my opinion.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Means nothing to me

^^^^ had to do it bro. How often do we play eachother? twice Maybe three times a season if that. I like you much better than a Philthy Flyers fan for sure! Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Thanks man and yeah I work in south jersey and I have to deal with the Flyers fans. They are by far the worst fans I have ever seen. Looks like the Devils are going to keep Brodeur after all, I wish him all the luck in the world (unless they play the Wings again).

I think devil's at Detroit on Friday night. Sorry but I cant like you on Friday between 7pm & 9:30 bro. :lol: yeah no one except other philthy fans like the flyers, any time or day. But one thing we have that philthy doesn't is El Diablo!

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Because he's degrading rapidly. I'll even make this shooting related. 

In trying to figure out how to get better at USPSA, one of the bits of information I came across is that your reflexes max out around 40 (give or take a couple years depending on subject). That's your peak in general, and more specifically in visually coordinated reaction time. When it comes to "but wait, I've seen old dudes improve at shooting fast and getting hits,"  the answer is how close are you to your maximum capability or making maximal demands on your reflexes. The answer for most people is not very close. Is suspect for a high quality NHL goalie, the answer is damn close to the limit every day you go to work. 

Why has Marty been getting injured so much? Probably because he is pushing it physically to try and outrun an increasing shortcoming that is neurological, and a normal part of aging. 

Add the injuries to the reflexes, and you have a real issue. He is going to get hurt more and perform less. IMO, I think he would be stupid to try to eek out another season or two with waning stats (or worse, more than that becoming cheap roster filler if he persists too long), than to take the devils up oin their back office exit strategy for him.