mrg455

Glock 23 (police trade in)$339 Surplus City

I just want to point out this. .. Some people swear by Police Trade Ins... other times you will find a lot of horror stories.

First , an example out 870s.  There was a deal about a year or so back for 870P police tradeins for like $179.  Everyone was like "Oh they're great they just sit around and don't get touched they're practically new."  A lot of that statement can be true... some DO in fact just sit around, collecting dust dirt lint and the like inside, some get their finishes ruined being removed from police cruisers/gunlocks/trunks/etc.. and more to the problem- often times police armorers will take all the "good parts" from a lot of potential trade ins, cannibalize them as best they can, then install the good stuff in THEIR keepers, and submit the now-terribly-bamboozled shotguns for the trade-ins.  They may or may not get fully checked or replaced or maybe they get a once-over and "function' but you're getting old, possibly corroded, or even broken internals with damaged-finish externals etc.

With police service weapons especially like Glocks, you can have similiar if not worse problems.  There are many officers who treat their weapon like their life and care for it... And there are others who simply leave it the heck alone.  And twice a year or whatever they take it out, shoot their quals, and put it back in the holster.  When they take it out at the range, stuff falls out the barrel and the slides unleash more lint, dirt, tissue fibers etc. when the gun is fired and the slide racks.  So you really have to be careful. 

I don't want to pick on anybody nor dissuade anyone for the purchase- just provide info I have firsthand from years of hanging out with the armorers who worked for my Dad's dept. and even reading this same info from reputable sources online.

I don't get it. You can. Buy a used Glock 23 with night sights ( year old ns) on this forum for around $450.

Now, factor in shipping to nj $30, transfer, $25 and nics $15. So that's $409. Then factor had and tolls.

Why would you not buy local from people that undoubtably have a firearm no where near as used as a police trade in?

There have been numerous on the forum for $450 to $475.

These are gen 4 guns with nights sights. Blue label guns that have three mags.

I know this because I have one I was selling. Now I know my listing ran out, so I'll post it up.