Howard

Lost one of my Huskies today :(

Very sorry to hear about your Husky.  I have one who just turned 11 and has failing health (arthritic, diabetic, and now starting to lose his eye sight) I'm gonna be in the same boat as you in the very near future.

Just make sure you enjoy every minute you have with him...

Thanks again everyone.  Just got sad news that a friend out west lost her Husky at 14 yesterday - seem like its been a bad week for Huskies :(

My family being a "Doberman" family, I know that there are things you have to watch out for as they get older... certain issues associated primarily with dobies.

Are there any such issues for Huskies?

My family being a "Doberman" family, I know that there are things you have to watch out for as they get older... certain issues associated primarily with dobies.

Are there any such issues for Huskies?

I am not aware of any specifics.  We had two other Huskies.  Kirby had cancer at ages 12 and he had surgery four times over the next several years and made it to 15.  He was starting to have weakness in his rear legs and we did not want him to be in pain.  We only went through all the surgery because he was such a happy and healthy dog.  At age 14 one vet told us that by looking at his blood work they would have sworn he was a five year old dog if they did not otherwise know.  Our other girl made it to 15 also with no specific issues, just old age.

My condolences to you and your family. I just had to put down my Corgi about two weeks ago due to two forms of cancer. Its not right to let them suffer so horribly. They will always be part of the family and we will always miss them. Also thank you for sharing the wonderful photograph of your Husky crew.