Sign in to follow this  
Vlad G

CJUSPSA Sunday May 11th

Hello everyone, the registration form is up: http://cjuspsa.coffeecup.com/forms/CJ_05112014_Form/

It will be on the website later today.

As always I will need stage designers and help building the stages. I am aware sunday is Mother's Day so I hope to keep the match quick and easy so people can shoot and leave pretty early on. 

I am just spoiled by several matches that published scores literally minutes after the end of the match, LOL :)

I just thought maybe there was a secret place I am unaware of where scores are up already :)

Vlad, thanks a lot! It was a great match.

Sorry, seriously, I was not thinking about rushing you with scores, just really thought maybe it was published on Practiscore/Makeready first and goes to CJUSPSA website only some time after that.

Nope, we don't use the third party websites, and it is never a easy as people think it is. To generate these scores I had to merge 6 shooters into one entry, fix 2 USPSA numbers for people that can't type, add an extra shooter's stage that was handed to my on paper, and a few other things like that.  Basically electronic scoring is a lot less effort then paper, but it isn't zero effort.

If I have one hour when I get home after the match assuming I'm not too beat, I do that the same day. If not, it waits until sometime during the week when I get to take a look at it.

Probably good that you aren't match director then. Spitefulness isn't a good leadership quality.

It is a good thing that I am not a match director.

It used to be the scores are ready when they are ready could have been a few days or a few weeks. However, as of recently it seems that the majority of shooters want the scores right away. I know that technology has made it possible to upload scores practically as soon as the last shooter is done, but Vlad, Jim, and the many other match directors have, jobs, families, and lives (I think). So the fact that they have put in10-20 hours to put the match together from start to finish, I can understand if getting the scores posted is not their #1 priority.

In hindsight, I wish I had the time, energy, and patience to be a match director.