Sign in to follow this  
deerpark

Which bolt carrier group in a 6920?

Last I knew Colt 6920 was shipping with FA carriers.  Reason, concerns?

So that would correspond to the one labeled "M16"?

First time ordering from this company, also having some work done to the rifle prior to seeing it.  Just want to ensure that no parts are swapped out.  I realize its cynical but whaddya want?  I'm from Jersey! 

Is it possible to verify a BCG without removing it? 

FA /  M16 same thing.  Colt bolts and carriers used to be marked.  Bolts had a MPC or a MP_ C  where _ is some other letter and sometimes with a white dot.  Carriers were stamped with a "C" plainly visable on the upper side of the carrier.  Still doing it today? I don't know.  Have not seen Colt pass by me in a while.  My last Colt was marked as above. That was 2012.

Yah, well, the markings on the BCG from the 2014 rifle.

If you cant, its ok. PK90 said he can as well. :)

In the safe now and I can't locate that 2014 bcg.. I fear I may have sold it with an upper I let go last week, although that wasn't my intention to so do.

Let me keep digging.

IMG_1534_zps480548fb.jpg

IMG_1532_zps0fd4d72a.jpg

IMG_1531_zps7a8d8fbd.jpg

IMG_1533_zps45ca0104.jpg

Pics of a 2012 BCG.

Oh dayammmm, ask and ye shall receive...  Now that there are some high qualitay pics, thanks TBill.

That white smudge/stain is interesting.

PK, if its not too much trouble, could you please post pics of the BCG from your 2014 6920 just to see if theres a difference.

Displaced, I hope you get your mix-up sorted out. 

Apparently I did sell that BCG with an upper. No REAL big deal, but I didn't intend to sell that upper with that particular BCG.

Mine was just like the one pictured above, except it was marked "MP_C". All the rest of mine are marked "MPC" as above.

The 'white smudge' is an inspection mark. Colt is using them as visual identifiers on bolts and some barrels I have seen. One of my 6940's (the older one of the 2, oddly enough), has a yellow inspection dot marked under the FSB.