I find it very odd that guns can be mailed person to person. It may be legal but I cant image it being looked on in a positive light if you get long guns shipped to your house. Doesnt look good. I guess I stand corrected. I didnt jump to call the cops. Its a whole situational thing. If it feels shady then sure you can but doesnt have to. Lot of shady shit on armslist. Cant be too careful. Also, since when has something legal not cost somebody a hell of a lot of money in legal fees. Especially in this state of gray areas. So, yes I guess I wad wrong, kill me for having the individual be cautious. Mipa, you can get back on your high horse of knowing everything and proving the cops wrong. We wouldnt be here without your magnificence.  

You took that completely the wrong way. When I said there are people on this forum that don't know the laws after years of being here, that was to make the point that it's not reasonable to have some sort of expectation that everybody that lives in Jersey knows the gun laws when we ourselves don't. When I said YOU don't, I didn't mean I know them better than you, I meant you are a cop and you are corrected on the laws routinely, so I think we should be more understanding of our gun owning brethren than that one point you made, not a larger issue. When you get all uppity and defiant that you know the law, well, that's just a little ironic in the context of you telling people to call the cops on others for legal behavior. You should expect to be called out on it. Just try to drop the attitude a little.

And "mipafox" did not say it was OK. PK90 did.

I wouldn't buy a long gun from a stranger without holding it in my hand first. I know guys buy online and have an ffl transfer it all the time and its perfectly legal. Apparently its perfectly legal to do the Coe through email and send the gun directly to the buyer as well in state. I just prefer to hold it and look it over before I reach into my pocket and pay for a used gun. Brand new I have no issues with ordering. Just me I guess, only so much a crappy cell phone picture on the computer shows you.

When i say call its only if it gets to the point of being suspicious. Guess i should have clarified better. I am corrected routinely. Please show me all the other times i gave incorrect info. In this instance fine but its not a well know practice or a good idea. That's the beauty of discretion. As far as dropping the attitude, i don't have one. It just seems to be a constant battle here with you. 98% garbage, 2% insight is what i believe was referenced in one pm i received wbout you. Shouldnt you be on the PA gun forums anyway?

I did not mean to stir up shit! I did not feel like driving 2 hours for a bolt gun. And was taken aback when the offer of shipping to house was made! I was taken years ago on a transfer. When a deal smells wrong it usually is. Calling the POPO on this was for the next guy trying to buy a firearm and losing his cash.