Babyface Finster

How is Long Branch Beach for a day trip?

Planning a little day trip to the beach with the family. Long Branch is one of the few beaches I have never spent any time at.

We usually go further south, but wanted to try to save a little drive time.

So what's the skinny? Decent for a day trip with a 6 year old? How far along is the boardwalk reconstruction?

Was just there today, was at 7 presidents park. It is a nice beach cost is 7 per adult and 7 to park beach is large and life guards on duty till 5pm. There is a play ground just off the beach. No board walk there but just outside of the beach is Windmill and Lighthouse Italina Ice. If you are looking for boardwalk stuff Long Branch has Pier Village which a bunch of high end shops. No boardwalk games that I know of. HTH

We went for the day yesterday and I was pleased. The beach wasn't too crowded,$5 per adult, kids free and $10 all day parking in the garage. It is a plus for me that there are no boardwalk games. My daughter enjoyed the beach more than she ever has because she wasn't in a constant state of waiting to go on the boardwalk.

We'll definitely go back again.