WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Auto Locksmith Recommendations? (North / Central NJ)

Looking to get additional keys made for a Ford, but the dealership wants and arm+leg for the key, fob and programming.  I've heard that some locksmiths are able to re-key and program Fords.

Morris/Essex preferable but really anywhere within reasonable driving distance.

Thanks.

Goto a local pro and forget the big box hardware stores for keys. I made that mistake once for a simple deadbolt key. They got it wrong twice. Didn't bother to go back a third time, local guy got it right as expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me tell you something, Liquidskin. The "pro" locksmiths get it wrong too. I had a simple KW1 house key that the local "pro" couldn't get it right the 2 times I went back there. I jokingly told the guy I'd cut the key myself if I could since I worked in a h/w store and cut keys almost every day for the several years I was there. He actually let me cut the key and it came out fine. I've even made keys with a simple file. So, my point is that it's not where but who/what (100% computer controlled) cuts the key.