mrg455

Where to sell stamp collection

Does anyone know of a reputable dealer in NJ that buys stamp collections? I have found a few places by looking online, but I'd rather hear real experiences then the reviews posted on their sites, plus I don't know if it's worth $100 a $1000, or $100,000 and I don't want to get ripped off. I flipped through a few of the books, but I'm scared to touch the stamps, so I'm not even sure what or how much I have.

I suggest looking up some of the stamps beforehand. Unless you personally collected them "ya never know" what you have.

My mother gave me a bag of coins about 20 years ago. I took a quick look and decided they were mostly -- I love ya ma but -- crap. I finally went through them carefully about three years ago and noticed a couple of 1926-1927 Italian coins in some denomination of lire struck in silver. They may be 5 or 10 lire. Forget.

They're worth $750 and $500. 

I will never sell them and they'll probably melt to smithereens when the meteor hits, but it's nice to know I have them. You could have the equivalent of a 1955 double die or a 1909 S VDB. 

I don't know crap about stamps.

Anything prior to WW2 could hold some value. After that most are worth face value if un-canceled. They printed so many stamps from the 1940's on there's not too much out there that are that rare. Mistakes, or plate blocks may have some monatary value but not much.