Bully

New Precision Build

It's not crazy expensive but it's not cheap either. You should be on steel with that set up without too much issue. Take the Black Hat class at CJ to get yourself set up on the gun. Mike from Tier1 will be there as well.

C

I'm definitely going to look into that.

It is a little treasure chest @ $.90-$1.00 a piece.

How did you calculate your bushing diameter?

Neck walls x 2 + bullet diameter - .001 = bushing diameter.  Used the formula from the RCBS die instructions.  I actually didn't throw them out!

Someone else mentioned that to me once as well...

Neck walls x 2 + bullet diameter - .001 = bushing diameter.  Used the formula from the RCBS die instructions.  I actually didn't throw them out!

OK so that gives you .001" neck tension.   To me that's pretty light.  I run .002 in my bolt gun and (I forget'cause I'm old) .002-.004 in my 6mm AR.

Wait until you start playing with COL....LOL

OK so that gives you .001" neck tension.   To me that's pretty light.  I run .002 in my bolt gun and (I forget'cause I'm old) .002-.004 in my 6mm AR.

Wait until you start playing with COL....LOL

I have one above and below on the way.

Loaded up my first rounds. 50 rounds of 130gn SST's just to give it a go. Also, if I get to rifle hunt this gun, these will be my bullets of choice. I have some Sierra MK's that I'm gonna give a whirl as well. Just using these for break in and getting used to shooting this particular rifle.

In other news... The threading is stalled as 4D's reamers are out at the moment. So the gun sits. Blah. Thankfully I was able to purchase something else in an easy to load caliber to have some fun with so I won't be totally bored. Thanks to any and all that are following along with this newbie's thread. I appreciate all the comments, compliments and criticisms.

Michael from Tier1 straight killin' it!!!

6.5 Savage Brake2.jpg

6.5 Savage Brake1.jpg

That varmint barrel looks close to an MTU profile. Its gonna be heavy. I got an M24 profile cut to 25" and the McRee chassis. Lets just say if glad im not running across the course with it, lol.

That varmint barrel looks close to an MTU profile. Its gonna be heavy. I got an M24 profile cut to 25" and the McRee chassis. Lets just say if glad im not running across the course with it, lol.

I'm not a competitor so I'm good with the weight of it.  From everything I've heard and read, this is not gonna be a lightweight.  That'll be just fine off a bipod for fun.  

Yeah, you got the wrong impression.

I am so excited to go pick this up I can't even begin to say.  I have pretty humble finances and this is the first "custom" precision rifle I've owned.  I went fairly all out on this.  For me.  It's why i went with the Seekins rail.  It was/is the right thing to do for this rifle.  

Could I do better glass?  Yup.

Could I do a better action?  Yup.

Could I do a better stock?  Yup.

However for what I want and what I'm gonna do with it I don't necessarily think that I would.  This rifle should be pretty perfect.

C