Sign in to follow this  
Zeke

Weather stations

I've got an acurite. Been good for three years. Almost the same model with the bridge. I upload to Wunderground. Happy with it for what it is. It's not a Davis and doesn't cost what a Davis costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've been running mine online since 2001.
Extremely reliable. It got to be addicting. Added a 360 mile radius lightning detector, camera, you name it. It converts snow to water for recording purposes. It also transmits to WU live as well as CWOP and those cartoons at Weatherbug.

It's monitored all over the world. NOAA, the military, PSE&G, colleges. I get visitors from all around. I am also networked with other weather networks. By networking, we are able to fill the weather voids where the big guys have no local stations. So mine is basically regional. My town even links it on their municipal site.

Fun hobby but could get expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got that acu rite but without the hub. Didn't know it exists, so might have to add it.

About the years, no problems until recently when the anemometer skinny thing split from a crack. Got a replacement on the way. 

• Like 1

Guess nobody is into weather except when they tell us that there is a storm tomorrow night but 1000 miles north of NJ and everyone is buying bread and milk! [emoji23]

Then all of a sudden we have a dozen users here that got the weather right. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro