Purple Patrick

Fried chicken joint discussion

13 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Oh, believe me, I do.  My grandmother (mothers side) grew up on a poultry farm in the south during the great depression.  She could cook the shit out of a chicken a million different ways, make it delicious and eat leftovers for two more days.  Fried chicken was only one way.

Anyway, she ate everything that wasn't a bone and forced us to eat gizzards and ummm... other parts too.  fucking gross.  I can't believe people were made to eat that shit and they choose to continue eating that shit still today.

It's fucking cat food.

Many of the most loved, now mainstream, foods like soul and BBQ are derived from using cheap cuts of meat and other "disposable" parts of animals cooked by the poor and slaves.  Some people (like me) choose to eat that stuff because it's good food.  Find a way to cook anything delicious and people will eat it.  Taste is subjective.     Also @Zeke says he loves cat food.

• Like 1

BigHungry is right! 

Hell, I don’t want to think of the stuff I ate in Asia back in my Navy days. I know I’ve eaten chicken feet (actually pretty tasty), but I KNOW there were ‘things’ in some of the dishes I ate that I don’t REALLY want to know about, even though they were damn tasty!

• Like 1

I know Yankee Pot Roast is good.  No internal organs in that.

Calves Liver with Bacon and Onions I enjoy once a year. Scrapple too. Even chicken hearts. Gizzards and Tripe I do not enjoy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just now, Displaced Texan said:

I love tripe in things like menudo or pho, but damn....it doesn’t like me!

I could be weaponized after eating it! :blink:

The texture of the tripe bugs me

out when I’ve tried to eat it