Sign in to follow this  

You should get the team together and come up to NH for our charity match. Pioneer Sportmen's runs a great IDPA facility dedicated to stell. Great fun and all funds go to local military families. Plus you can get the freshest seafod around!!!!!

Seriously some local businesses have been great towards helping with this two day fun match. Sig donates a handgun to raffle and other high profile local manufacturers pitch in. Truely a great group to spend some time with on the ranges.

Now if those damm targets would just fall.

My club in Bridgewater does IDPA matches. I would also be interested in getting a group together to go to Old Bridge to shoot steals. I wonder what is involved in puting a team together from this site?

Post a message under the events forum. I am definitely interested in IDPA. Never done it, but very much interested in it. I have no problems with letting someone organize a team on here, and esp while this community is growing.

I have never considered it before. What is involved with a team? guns, ammo consumption and time? I have two young kids, trout season and kayak season are around the corner. How much time weekly/ monthly is spent at practice? Forgive my ignorance, it sounds fun.

We could practice as much or as little as we like I guess. If you are a memeber of the somerset protective club they practice once a month the wednesday night before the sunday competition. The practice is for members only. What is needed is 3 mags, holster, and bout 70 to 100rds of ammo. Gun can be 9, 40, or 45. Must be stock. Or we could also get a group to go to old bridge to shoot steals! There is a lot of stuff out there it is just more fun in a group of people you know.

My son has shot steels at Old Bridge and we have both shot steel at Central Jersey. CJ does it the first Sunday of the month and it is open to members and non-members. It is a lot of fun! You need about 200 rounds. I think I am too old and slow for IDPA but I loved the steel match. I am sure we will make it back out as soon as the weather warms up a bit!

I used to do IDPA while I lived in Ga.

South Jersey Shooting Club does IDPA matches on the second saturday of every month, March to October.

"IDPA is a practical shooting sport based around defensive shooting situations. IDPA shooting provides fun

and challenging scenarios which include multiple target engagements while moving and tactical use of cover

and concealment. SJSC IDPA shooting is done in small groups that rotate between shooting and reloading.

One group will shoot a couple stages and while reloading another group shoots a couple stages and reloads.

This back and forth rotation allow us to get groups through the stages and minimize downtime. This also

allows shooters to show up at any time between 10 and 2 to shoot, no need to be here at exactly 10am. Scores

will be posted on the website within a week. Guns and equipment must be IDPA compliant, a cover garment is

required unless specified in a particular stage. Information about appropriate gear is available from the IDPA

website, in the rulebook."

I am going on April 11th, if possible. Anyone want to join me needs to have 3 mags, about 50rds, a cover garment of some sort and a good holster, one that covers the trigger. The object is to recreate a CCW scenario.