XDJohnTact

Directions to Fort Dix Range 14

http://www.dixmwr.com/Recreation%20_Fac ... n_Home.htm

From the North:

NJ Turnpike South to exit 7, Bordentown/Ft. Dix. Take Rte. 206 South for 1/4 mile. Turn left onyo Rte. 68 for 5 miles. At County Rte. 537turn left and proceed 4 1/2 miles to a 4-way stop which intersects County rtes. 537 & 528. turn right onto 528. Proceed 1 1/2 miles into New Egypt and turn right at the Wawa. Travel 2 miles into and strait through Cookstown. Stay on this road for 3 miles and Ft. Dix Rod & Gun Club/Range 14 entrance will be on your left.

From th South:

NJ Turnpike North to Exit 7 or Interstate 295 North to Ft. Dix exit. Take Rte. 68 and proceedas described in directions from North.

From the East:

Take Interstate 195 West to exit 16. Proceed onto county Rte. 537 toward Mt. Holly or Burlington Bristol Bridge for about 8 miles to the intersection of county Rte. 537 and 528. Turn left onto Rte. 528 and proceed as described in directions from the North.

I haven't been there yet, but when I MapIt it's only a half hour or so away. Fortunately my job is flexible and the nice weather has me thinking that it's just about time to take a vacation day here and there and try out the 200 and 300 yd rifle range.

And dont bring any tripod mounted NJ legal weapons...or they might call the cops on you....ask me how I know. :x

How long ago was this? There was a period a few years ago when whoever ran it was a real>>>..., but after that, things seem to be ok again. I miss the old timer that was there around 12 years ago. Anything went with him.

And dont bring any tripod mounted NJ legal weapons...or they might call the cops on you....ask me how I know. :x

How long ago was this? There was a period a few years ago when whoever ran it was a real>>>..., but after that, things seem to be ok again. I miss the old timer that was there around 12 years ago. Anything went with him.

This was a few years ago...Right after Chuck left (the guy that looked a lot like Samuel Jackson). I had been a member for a few years, but that was the last day I ever went there.

Do you have to be a member to use the range or can you pay a non member price to use the range?

A member can bring a guest , but normally you have to be a member. The good news is that its only $55? a year....perhaps its gone up and $3 an hour for range time. Considering how much private clubs charge, thats a deal.

Do you have to be a member to use the range or can you pay a non member price to use the range?

A member can bring a guest , but normally you have to be a member. The good news is that its only $55? a year....perhaps its gone up and $3 an hour for range time. Considering how much private clubs charge, thats a deal.

you have to remember it is an outside range and weather permitting.

we were going to go today but not in the rain, we made this shooting date 2 weeks ago because we were rained out then too.

You can shoot any friut you want. Hard boiled eggs and a 22 go perfect together. Soda bottles, soup cans, milk jugs. Nothing like a reactive target. No glass or bowling pins. They have covered benches and concrete pads for prone. You can buy targets on 1x3's inside for $3 ea.