Can a telescopic stock be pinned to lock it into position and is this then considered legal in NJ? I as a AR-15 with a stock configuration like this at a shop over the weekend. The guys at the shop said that yes, if its pinned and the stock can no longer be adjusted/collapsed, then it would be considered legal.

Any confirmation of this?

Great idea for a site, by the way. This is my first post.

MSax

Hi MSaxatilus,

Yes, I was told yesterday that a "pinned stock", which can't be moved, is legal. I would think the magazine needs to be permanently blocked. A friend with an AR said he buys 10 round mags since they don't make 15. Would you care to share where you saw that AR over the weekend? You could pm me if you care to. Thanks.

njpilot

They make 15 round magazines. A police officer in central NJ buys 20 round magazines and chops them up and adds a new base plate so they can only hold 15 rounds. A google search will give you more info im sure.

Could you pm me any contact information if this P.O. sells them? I'm not very handy with that sort of stuff.

He finaly got back to me.

Yea his name is Paul. His username on AR15 is PK90. He runs a FFL business out of his home by appointment called Arms-n-Ammo.

arms-n-ammo

He was cutting down Pmags to hold only 15 rounds. Problem is, he is out of stock and not making any more due to Magpul changing the design of the mag body, which apparently will not work with his modification.

I believer there is another company producign 15 round mags with full size 30 round mag bodies, but I'll have to get back to you on who it is later.

The aluminum one on the left is from CProducts. It's a 10 round California legal mag. It has an anti-tilt follower and stainless steel spring.

The center one is a Magpul PM mag. also 10 rounds and CA. legal.

The one on the right is an original 15 round cut down mag made by Arms-N-Ammo.

Check http://www.riflegear.com. That's where I bought the two in the 30 round bodies.

MVC-161L.jpg

http://arms-n-ammo.com/

Is the guy mentioned int he previous posts. IIRC he's currently out of mags, and when he DOES get a batch made up he runs out fast so check his site often. he's also got some pretty good deals and prices, as well as being a nice guy.

You can pin it at any length as long as the rifle is 26" OAL.

Thanks for the info.

Also, I have the Magpul mags that have been cut to 15 round capacity that were purchased through Bullet Hole in Belleville, NJ. They work flawlessly!!!!

C Products also makes 15 rounders based on the 30 round body. Once in a while 44mag.com carries them. I called C Products to find out if they would make a special run of 15 round mags, only to find out they make them in limited runs using the 30 round body.

You can buy an already pinned stock from a few manufacturers out there as well. NJ legal pinned in any position. The key legal issue with pinning it youself is to make sure that it is permanent. This is accomplished by drilling through the stock and using a heavy roll pin or solid pin. The pin should be a little short so that you end up with both sides being recessed after you drive it in. After that, you can use a soldering iron to melt the drill hole shavings (that you saved) over the ends of the pin on both sides. A little light sanding with fine grit paper and you have a permanent fixed stock that nobody can question the legality of. The powers that be can always say that the exposed pin could be punched out at any time.