Maksim

New pickup. XD 45GAP LE

Used another permit... 2 more left. =P

Picked this one up from my brother, and took her to the range.

She has been sitting at the bottom of a safe in the basement since the last time I shot her 3 years ago? at Rays.

Everything I remembered about shooting it was still true. Fits like a glove. Compared to the CZ, smaller grip. Shoots a little low so have to aim higher.

Came with box, and 3 magazines and belt clip.

Only issue is like seen in the pictures is slight corrosion? on the steel slide. She hasnt been cleaned in ages, so after shooting a box through at the range, gave her a good cleaning.

read on another forum that Springfield takes them back to resurface them.... will call them up, and see. If they want to do that for free, would much rather send the whole gun in.... because just from the photos I noticed that the corrosion started on the grip safety bar as well.

And thanks for the thanks. =P

I did clean it last night.... and did use a bit of hoppes on it, and then sprayed with gun oil.

Seems to have removed a bit of it. Will see more later. But I think I may send it in to Springfield anyway to get it recoated.

Spoke with them today. Going out tomorrow to Springfield. They will clean the rust on the whole gun, and recoat it with the new stuff. turnaround time expected at 2 to 3 weeks.

yay. 2 to 3 weeks I dont have to spend buying 45gap ammo, now just to find more brass and start reloading it.

2 permits left.... 1 month and a few days to go.... before I have to extend them.

Called back SA about finding out about shipping reimbursement. Lady was quite friendly. Emailed me an Rma number, as well as a Fedex paid next day air lable. Dropped it off at FedEx and it is on its way.

Lets see in 2 to 3 weeks.

Now you gotta burn those other two permits, what a shame. Whatcha gonna buy?

I want a GSG or a 22 plinker... though I got to say, the Smith Wesson 2 free mags promo is nice...

Maybe M&P 9, or Taurus 24/7oss,

other options a nice revolver... tim and the rest of guys here are talking me into it. lol...

Or may go raid my brothers gun safe and see what he hasnt shot in a long while. Quite honestly, I want the browning hi power 9 he has... barely ever shot. Otherwise, a nice buckmark I learned on.

doubt he will get rid of the 92fs, i dont want his glock, russian Mak, and his ego will shrink if I take over his Desert Eagle.

Maybe... just maybe might have to look at the Walther p99 40Sw... I hated shooting it from what I recall, but maybe with a trigger job or something.

Will see, if I have a job lined up by the time the unemployment check comes, I will reinvest that money into the economy. ;)

We will see, luckily I had a bit of savings when the news hit, Have to see about Cobra coverage for healthcare, hosting fees for the website, etc.

Get something new. Why raid your brothers safe, those will always be there. Go to a nice gunshop, grap a few pistols you like, feel'em out, and go home with 2 brandy new roscoe's for your collection. How about that?

Get something new. Why raid your brothers safe, those will always be there. Go to a nice gunshop, grap a few pistols you like, feel'em out, and go home with 2 brandy new roscoe's for your collection. How about that?

You must be nuts to buy anything at most gunshops right now. I didnt say all, but most. Their prices are way high. I am all for supporting business, but not when they are charging some of the highest prices in the country. I think the 95% of the people who go into the shop without looking around online to make an informed decision make up for the rest of us. I do buy some accessories there though, ie cases, on which prices are not bad.

The new firearms I purchased, were orders from local ffl's. The used ones, were in amazing condition via trades with board members, or raiding my brother's safe queens.

You must be nuts to buy anything at most gunshops right now. I didnt say all, but most. Their prices are way high. I am all for supporting business, but not when they are charging some of the highest prices in the country. I think the 95% of the people who go into the shop without looking around online to make an informed decision make up for the rest of us. I do buy some accessories there though, ie cases, on which prices are not bad.

The new firearms I purchased, were orders from local ffl's. The used ones, were in amazing condition via trades with board members, or raiding my brother's safe queens.

Sorry bro, but the prices aren't coming down anytime soon. As a matter of fact, there problably going to stay the same until the AWB becomes law again or another law of that nature makes handguns almost illegal. Get'em now while you can, because you never know what's going to happen in the upcoming months.

Its Back! quite happy with the service at springfield. Paid shipping both ways. Only issue is, they had to mail it back to an FFL. Had to run another nics... used a fella right here in my back yard.

Springfield refinished the slide and ther parts.

apparently in jersey since an FFL didnt have a track record of having it... had to ship it to FFL.. Dont know, this came straight from Springfield Armory about shipping to NJ. Both the FFL and Springfield Armory talked to ATF and they said had to be shipped. Had to pay NICS. Luckily, since this was the guy I bought my smith from... only charged me $20.

Props to Springfield for paying shipping both ways. So if you need to mail something in... ask them for RMA number and about shipping. Otherwise, they will just have you pay shipping.