Melgamatic

Tip's Hardware

Took a long drive down to Tip's Hardware this past weekend. They are in West Creek, here is their website:

http://tipshardware.net/index.html

It's a pretty big hunting/fishing store, with quite a few guns in stock. They had more evil black rifles than I've seen in one store in a long time. The pictures on their website firearms page is true; the one case probably has 6-8 rows of 5 EBRs each. Many used, some new. A 24" DPMS panther with the SS barrell, a few new various Colts, etc. Maybe a S&W MP-15, etc. I talked with a nice younger guy, mid-20s with a big arm tattoo. They had the percussion caps my buddy wanted, but no powder in stock. Medium selection of new handguns, but I didn't check them out too carefully.

They had the ammo I wanted (the 100 loose boxes of Winchester "range" 9mm) at a reasonable price. They also had, wonder of wonders, 15-capacity AR mags. They are shorted Magpul magazines. Very nice quality, completely NJ legal, exact 15 shot length. Very slick, really nice. They only problem, they were priced at $40 each. On the other hand, Magpul PMAG's seem to MSRP for around $25, so paying $15 for the labor (and maybe new spring) to convert to 15 shots seems pretty reasonable. I also have some "lanced" magazines, but these are absolutely and clearly NJ legal. I used them this weekend, and they worked absolutely perfectly.

So, thumbs up on Tips. Amazing EBR selection, tons of shotguns, etc. If I was looking for another AR-15 style rifle, they would be very high on my list, especially if I was interested in a bargain on a high quality used one.

-Melgamatic

Nice store and a good selection. I stopped in their last week also. Bought some .45....

I found them to be very high priced. But I admit to pricing against internet and other shops.

But $75 for a FFL w/ nics is nothing great. Doesn,t butch do it for $45.... heck my guy in Florence is $38.