ben

Glock 30?

I have heard SS is a little cheaper. It has been a while, but I may have to check them out again.

They quoted me $50 cheaper than BA for my G22 the only issue was neither of them had it in stock so i bought else where. 3 weeks ago i purchased a G19 OD Green from SS for $540. Both BA and SS had it instock, BA was charging $599.

I think anyone can become proficient with any pistol. That's why I don't see the need to test guns. Planning on getting out of dodge later on down the road and was wondering specifically about people's opinion's on how concealable either was.

I will check Sureshot out. Thanks trout, yota.

I think anyone can become proficient with any pistol. That's why I don't see the need to test guns. Planning on getting out of dodge later on down the road and was wondering specifically about people's opinion's on how concealable either was.

I will check Sureshot out. Thanks trout, yota.

True, but there are some I have held that went right back in the case. I have to bond with my guns, carress them, feel the curves...Oh sorry

Good luck

I agree, there are some guns that naturally fit you like an extension of your arm, and are a pleasure to shoot.

For me, the CZ's, Berettas, xds are... the glocks I have rented are not. The walter p99's in a 40sw are not.

While you can get very good and accurate with any firearms, you would not want to shoot it over something that you love. Ask any firearm owner. My brother... picked up about 13 handguns... shoots only 2 or 3. His 22's, Browning Hi Power, XD, Desert Eagle, revolvers, all sat in the safe.

Planning on getting out of dodge later on down the road and was wondering specifically about people's opinion's on how concealable either was.

I carry a full size 1911 and my M&P45 and have no problem with concealability. Alot has to do with your choice of holster, cover garment, body type, etc.

I use a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB with a loose T-shirt and have no problem with printing.

sandcast69

I agree, there are some guns that naturally fit you like an extension of your arm, and are a pleasure to shoot.

For me, the CZ's, Berettas, xds are... the glocks I have rented are not. The walter p99's in a 40sw are not.

While you can get very good and accurate with any firearms, you would not want to shoot it over something that you love. Ask any firearm owner. My brother... picked up about 13 handguns... shoots only 2 or 3. His 22's, Browning Hi Power, XD, Desert Eagle, revolvers, all sat in the safe.

You are absolutely correct. From a collector's point of view, there is more to an item than just practicality. I'm just not a collector in the true sense. I go off the technical data and dimensions. For me, the Glock series serves well in that it's relatively cheap, durable, reliable, and I haven't heard too much on catastrophic failures, besides the debated "Kaboom."

Out of the pistols I have handled, Sigs are great. Definitively the natural extension feeling that was referred to. Little bulky for concealment though. Glocks are a little too top heavy for "recreational shooting," IMHO, but its design serves its purpose. Never was fond of the Beretta 92s in the "natual extension" mentality, but again, anyone can become proficient with any pistol.

If you can't carry (which is almost a certainty in this lovely state) go for the new G22 RTF2. It's 15+1 of .40 S&W and the grip is NICE.

Plus the slide serrations are nicer looking, if you ask me.

glock-texture1.jpg

I'll be picking one up when my FPID card comes in.

--FCOD

While I think the slide serrations look cool, I have to believe they wouldn't work as well as the current style. The current 3rd gen, and previous gens for that matter, have slide serrations that are very easily gripped. The new shark gill style doesn't look like it gives the same "meat" to grab. Of course I say this without actually having handled the new Glock.

+1!!! I have 14 pistols and regularly shoot 5-6 of them. 2nd gen G19, 3rd gen G19, 2nd gen G17, Sig P226 (German made), HK USP45F and Ruger Mark II. Of these, one of the G19's and the Ruger Mark II are always in the mix....usually the G17 too.

While I think the slide serrations look cool, I have to believe they wouldn't work as well as the current style. The current 3rd gen, and previous gens for that matter, have slide serrations that are very easily gripped. The new shark gill style doesn't look like it gives the same "meat" to grab. Of course I say this without actually having handled the new Glock.
Just picked mine up last night. Actually, the curved serrations are better to grip, IMO. The grip is excellent, it is very secure.

--FCOD

Just picked mine up last night. Actually, the curved serrations are better to grip, IMO. The grip is excellent, it is very secure.

--FCOD

Excellent!!! Looking forward to checking one out!

I like the Glock 30. I bought a 30 SF on a whim and I was glad I did. I noticed a difference in recoil control when I shot it side by side with it's predecessor. I will soon be trading in the 30 for a back up 30 SF. Not having to shift my hand to drop a mag with the SF's are reason enough for me to trade in the old for the new.

I know. I have a problem.

Either way.

I feel that the shorter grip of the 30 and 30 SF compared with the 21 and 21 SF help it point "less high" as some complain glocks do.

I feel it is a very nice "happy medium", if you will, between the 1911 grip angle and the full sized glock grip angle due to the way it allows for the bottom of my palm to wrap just enough under it without it digging in during extended periods of firing.

It is also an EXTREMELY soft shooter in my opinion.

Flame warning - These are my opinions and if you hate Glocks or 1911's or if you have a different experience with the fit of a Glock 30, please post it and understand that we all have different preferred ergonomics, hand sizes, and preferences for our "big boy toy" platforms.

I highly recommend the Glock 30 / 30SF.

My buddy Joe at NJ Firearms Guild just got some Glock RTF's in stock (9mm and 40 short and wimpy). I was there today and they just don't feel good to me. I find I have a better grip on the slide with the standard Glock slide serrations. I find the RTF grip texture irritating to my bare hands, but I do think it would provide a solid grip with gloves on.

I have the Glock 30SF and I love this gun. It is very accurate, well balanced and has the least kick of any 45 I ever shot. Yes it's a bit bulky to hold but I fixed that with my own custom grip reduction and it now fits my hand a lot better to control. Just get your Dremmel Tool and grind off the Finger Grooves, then grind a bit off the backstrap. You then sand it nice and smooth and stipple it with a wood burning tool. If you take your time and do a good job, you will be shocked with the results. I have also done this on my

G19 and G26. Just practice on plastic before you do it to your Gun. Good Luck! //END// 8-)

I have the Glock 30SF and I love this gun. It is very accurate, well balanced and has the least kick of any 45 I ever shot. Yes it's a bit bulky to hold but I fixed that with my own custom grip reduction and it now fits my hand a lot better to control. Just get your Dremmel Tool and grind off the Finger Grooves, then grind a bit off the backstrap. You then sand it nice and smooth and stipple it with a wood burning tool. If you take your time and do a good job, you will be shocked with the results. I have also done this on my

G19 and G26. Just practice on plastic before you do it to your Gun. Good Luck! //END// 8-)

we do need pictures on this. I dont think I would be able to take a dremel to the grip of any handgun..... maybe a hipoint....