Sign in to follow this  
kenw

For the Glock guys & gals

I just came across this post on the NJCSD.org forum. I'm not a Glock fan, and I don't have any more details, but I'm sure someone may be interested.

If you join the GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting foundation) one of the benefits is that you can buy one Glock per year at a discounted price

Currently, Lawman Supply is the only distributor in NJ that participates in the deal

Once you are a GSSF member you email/fax them a request for a coupon and in about a week you'll get one with all the details you need - including pricing

As part of the plan a standard G17 is just under $400 - well worth the membership

BUT WAIT!!! If you sign up for membership at a GSSF event you also get entered into a new member drawing for a FREE Glock (actually a coupon for one)

Ken

A guy i work with actauly won a glock at a GSSF event out of state. He had the gun shipped to a guy that had a FFl taht did like 2 a year just to keep it active. He said the funny thing is the gun was a G17 that shipped with 2 17rd mags.

I've been wanting to participate in the GSSF event for about 5 years now and every year, I have to do something on that weekend. This year, it's a baby shower for my best friend. One year I'll go....hopefully....maybe :roll:

Is there a preferred pistol for this event? I have a couple of G19's and a G17. I understand there are steel plates, or some kind of reactive targets. Is a 9mm enough to punch these targets down?

From everything I have read a 9mm is fine for these events. Just curious, how do you have a G17 in NJ? Do they make 15 round mags for a g17?

Thanks for the info. I bought the G17 used during the AWB. It came w/ night sights, trigger job and 4 10 round mags. It is surprisingly accurate and very low recoil. I'd consider a newer one w/ the finger grips and rail, but it pisses me off to no end that I can't have a higher than 10 round capacity in a gun that should hold 17 rounds.

Back to the GSSF, would the 147gr bullets be better at putting the plates down or lighter weight bullets?

Good to know about the g17, That is why I got the 19. I know that my 19 is allowed to have the same number of rounds as any other 19 in the country. makes me feel better.

For GSSF: I am not sure. I am not an expert by any means, but from what I can tell from the youtube videos of GSSF events the steel targets drop with very little force. I know very little about ballistics other than what I put in my gun goes bang and puts holes in paper and cardboard.

I will report in after I go to the event in Jackson on the 20th.