Sign in to follow this  
Col. Mortimer

IDPA Match in Bridgewater on Sunday 5/17

Hi guys - I have been wanting to start some IDPA and if some others would like to start out at the same time, even better!

Maybe some of you can help me with some questions.

Is the match indoors or outdoors?

My leather is supposedly IDPA approved but it is not filled with any or safety devices or lawyer locks.

Is that OK?

Also, can I compete in CDP my first time or do I have to start in SSP, or can I qualify/shoot both?

What kind of "cover garment' is acceptable?

I am not an IDPA member, can I join there?

Thanks in advance guys!

My wife and I appreciate it.

Hi guys - I have been wanting to start some IDPA and if some others would like to start out at the same time, even better!

Maybe some of you can help me with some questions.

Is the match indoors or outdoors? The match is indoors.

My leather is supposedly IDPA approved but it is not filled with any or safety devices or lawyer locks. Is that OK? My flawed memory says the most important feature is that it covers the trigger and as long as it is IDPA approved you are fine. No retention devices required but if they are on your holster, you must use them. They are not strict about the finer details.

Also, can I compete in CDP my first time or do I have to start in SSP, or can I qualify/shoot both? I do not remember any rule that requires you to start in SSP. Did I mention the my bad memory? There are competitive advantages with SSP but for your first time, I wouldn't worry.

What kind of "cover garment' is acceptable? Not required for your first time but if you want to bring one, it must cover and conceal your pistol and mags. A vest with mesh would not be acceptable as it is translucent.

I am not an IDPA member, can I join there? Faulty memory says you can shoot your first match without joining but you can join there if you want to.

Here is the link for Somerset IDPA. http://somersetidpa.com/ John Plum is a good guy and will help you. I am not sure if I will make this match but it sounds like a few forum members will be there so maybe I should go.