tony357

I now have a chinese sks.

Mosins have bayos attached on M44.

I believe it is because they are qualified under C&R

correct amundo...

if you turn them into a black rifle their is a 922r compliance sheet that needs to be adheared to. :roll:

Mosins have bayos attached on M44.

I believe it is because they are qualified under C&R

Yes but, I believe the spike type bayonet is illegal to own in good old NJ. It probably falls under the knife laws.

It's perfectly legal in NJ.

Please enlighten me as to why you consider it illegal? I'm sure you can site case law on it since you brought up the subject right?

I will have to try to remember. I still do believe the spike type bayonet/ knife is prohibited in NJ. I believe that it was Mr. Nappen who told me this.I am not 100%sure. I will have to look into it further. It also could have been an importation ban by the ATF like the MG kits needing a cut barrel now. This was like 3-5 years ago when I got my Chinese SKS. My Chinese SKS has no bayonet like almost all of the others Chinese SKS I had seen forsale at several gun shops in NJ at the time.I did see one or two with the normal type bayonet seen on the Yugo and Russian type.

Please enlighten me as to why you consider it illegal? I'm sure you can site case law on it since you brought up the subject right?

Probably since bayonet mounts are on the "you may only have one of the following" list.

I didn't think they were prohibited in general, just in conjunction with another "assault weapon" feature.