Maksim

Happy May 9th...

Yup. May 8th 11:03pm or so Germany handed it its defeat treaty. Because it was already past midnight in Moscow, Russia and most of the former soviet union celebrate it on May 9th, whereas in Western Europe, celebrated on May 8th.

Its kind of our veterans day. We always need to remember those that fought and gave their lives for us, and our freedom, and most importantly our lives.

and to that extent, my very best thanks goes out to all of the vets, esp those here on the board.

Here are the clips from todays parade. Every year... on May 9th, they have a parade honoring those that died during the war. this year was apparently one of the largest.

Here is a clip. Starting at the end of part 4 is when the heavy artillery comes in.

Part 1

u5i5s6T0tNY

Part 2

uxZwzBePHCE

Part 3

XWVIe2uyo90

Part 4

yTv2YS71AYE

Part 5

ENKjiSmJnvY

Part 6

le9K_vZdVo0

That is actually the flag symbolizing the end and victory of World War 2.

I will comment through teh parts as I watch it all myself.

During the first part, the color guard walks the thing. The general then declares the readyness and open of the parade. The guy in the suit that arrives is the Minister of Defense. Together with the general they drive over to see the troops.

Both cars, the one with the General and Minister of Defense drive to greet and salute every battalion. After that is complete he drive over to greet the president and to state the readyness. (Part 2, around 5m mark.)