Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

Rays Sportshop still up?!?!

So was talking to a local dealer... apparently Rays is closed, yet the Nissan dealership next door didnt tear down the building yet.

I wonder if it is back for sale, or can be leased for private events....

humn.

Anyone in the area know if this is true.... and if anyone knows the ownership of that Nissan dealership?

Ray's is gone forever.

There are lead abatement / environmental issues which may take a while to resolve before anything can happen with the building. I know that one reason it was hard to sell it to another party who would keep it as a range was that enormously expensive lead abatement would have to be performed on the site.

Ray's had a great selection. They were always grouchy, and sold at full price, but they had a lot of stuff and the pistol range was ok.

Ray's had a great selection

A good friend was Ray's son-in-law. He took me into the gun vault one day to show me the stock not on display. what was on the sales floor was a drop in the bucket. Ray at one time was going to buy Smith & Wesson. He had the cash on hand but the deal never went through. Thankfully I didn't have to deal with the retail sales staff. some were testy but some were knowledgeable and friendly.

Ray's is gone forever.

There are lead abatement / environmental issues which may take a while to resolve before anything can happen with the building. I know that one reason it was hard to sell it to another party who would keep it as a range was that enormously expensive lead abatement would have to be performed on the site.

Ray's had a great selection. They were always grouchy, and sold at full price, but they had a lot of stuff and the pistol range was ok.

+1 on them being grouchy. I like the range but had bad experiences with the staff at the gun counter. There were definitely no bargains to be had there (unless you compare them against today's prices I guess). I went there to see an HK P2000 I was interested in. I handled it, expressed my desire to buy one, then informed them I'd be purchasing it elsewhere. Sometimes I can be that way. :roll: