WillieBeamen

Steel Core at Outdoor Range

Recently moved to new jersey, hudson county.  Anyone know of outdoor ranges that don't have a problem with shooting steel core ammo.  I have a lot, and with this shortage I'd like to shoot that first.  It's the green tip 5.56 62 grain.  Willing to travel far, as I think there is only indoor ranges near me.

Only outdoor range relatively near you is Cherry Ridge.  They do allow steel core.  Alternately - you could get a NJ Hunting license and use the WMA's (Wildlife management areas) with rifle ranges.  Clinton and Flatbrook WMAs have rifle ranges.

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Only outdoor range relatively near you is Cherry Ridge.  They do allow steel core.  Alternately - you could get a NJ Hunting license and use the WMA's (Wildlife management areas) with rifle ranges.  Clinton and Flatbrook WMAs have rifle ranges.

I would say that this thread is almost over after that, except to add that CR is open to members only, so you would need to attend their new member orientation, which is given on the first Sunday of every month, and join. 

43 minutes ago, WillieBeamen said:

Actually that's not so bad.  I have a friend who lives a little east of Philly.  Could be a good spot for both of us.

R14 does require a membership, and then you have to schedule a time slot beforehand.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

R14 does require a membership, and then you have to schedule a time slot beforehand.  

I'm not so sure of that.  R14 offers day passes in lieu of annual membership.  I don't know how that works on the reservation website though.

I think you just set up your account on the MDL reservation site, reserve a lane, then pay the day pass fee, along with the lane fee ($25+$10 per person) when you get there.