• 6 replies
  6. Closing up shop

• 14 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 0 replies

• Topics

• NJGF Gun Price Request

• Supporting Vendors

• People sued Ford because Ford knew the Pinto would explode but they still marketed it knowingly. The issue is did Remington market the gun as a human killing machine?  That’s the point the grabbers are trying to make. Intent. 
    • Every auto manufacturer in this country should donate to Remington's cause to fight this case.  This is going to open the door for every family of every person injured or killed in a DWI to sue the car company for the advertising the car's acceleration, handling or traction abilities. Every alcohol producer needs is about to be on the hook for every rape and/or sexual assault by anyone for every commercial where a guy opens a beer and proceeds to hang out with an attractive female.     My daughter just called and is on her way home from work and has car issues so I have to cut my rant short. 
    • Looking to buy a safe to store my stuff. It will go upstairs And there’s hardwood floors everywhere.  So I’m looking for a place with reputable top notch delivery people. I looked at Wayfair but I don’t trust them hauling 300+lbs up a staircase with a landing. I’m in Bergen County/Rockland Co border.
    • Anything really, just a decent meal and a cold beer before a football game.  I do like a good IPA though, and am good with anything from a good burger, pizza, steak.  I am not picky at all!
    • There are still numerous hurdles the plaintiffs will have to overcome before this case is even submitted to a jury. Most likely they will need evidence that can convince a jury that shooter saw the advertisements and relied on them in connection with the AR purchase and that the marketing practices were a substantial factor in the shooting injury and deaths at issue.  They don't prove their case just because of the alleged advertisement and that their product was used in the shooting.   Just how the plaintffs are going to prove that Remington marketed the weapon “as a highly lethal weapon designed for purposes that are illegal — namely, killing other human beings-also remains to be seen. All  firearms are highly lethal --but proving that they were designed for illegal purposes is another kettle of fish. The downside here is that this is a mass shooting with huge dollar exposure in a anti-gun environment and will cost Remington and its carriers millions in defense legal fees moving forward. It will also encourage others to bring similar claims. This would not be a good time to invest in gun stocks.