Glock26

How far do you shoot your 22LR rifles?

Just answered that question Sunday down at the Salem Co. Sportsmen's Club

I have an old Mossberg bolt action with a cheep Bushnell .22 scope. Using Federal Champion std. velocity lead ammo. Siting in for 100 yards for the upcoming Salem Co. 4-h air rifle county competition (we do a 'hunter class' using real firearms as well as air rifle). My old MB - a "westernfield' circa 1971, was doing 3 shot 1 hole groups at 50 yds (bench of course) and was routinely hitting shotgun hulls and splitting 1/2" sticks at 100 yds. Not every time due to operator error and some wind drift, but easily capable.

The rifle was given to me 30 years ago by a friend of the family. Trigger is a little heavy, but it shoots really well.

Cool to hear the delay between the report and the paper at 100 yds.

Way fun!

I shoot 100 yards at the max. After that, my accuracy tends to drop off and that is with a ruger 10/22T

100 yards is a piece of cake. I don't shoot for groups at that range, but rather plink reactive targets like clays ans such. At Colliers mills range, its a 100 yard range and i sometimes put clays on the berm. A smidge of holdover via the mildot scope and they bust with ease.

Recently, i was at the Ft Dix range with my 22 and noticed through the scope a paper plate lying on the berm 225 yards directly ahead of me. I had to practically aim the scope using the very base of the vertical crosshair where it meets the housing to get enough holdover. I could hit it but any hint of a breeze seemed to knock the bullet off course. Its always funny when you can count off time between the crack of the rifle firing and the puff of dust as it impacts over 200 yards away!