Glock26

Why do you love your revolvers?

Another Bump!

:evil: :twisted:

Seems like revolvers are considered old school now, (sorry frank) but how can you go wrong with such a beautiful piece of machinery?

Have not owned a revolver yet, but been thinking about one of the J frames as a backup carry once I leave NJ.

I do like the idea of fewer failure modes with easier fixes in a revolver - a failure to fire is solved by pulling the trigger again.

I also like the idea of a revolver once I get old and creaky and an autoloader becomes harder for me to operate.

Revolvers are definetly cool, but I can't help but wonder if the reliability angle is a bit exaggerated given the quality of modern autoloaders.

Also, in my limitied experience, revolver failures tend to entail a pretty serious malfunction that cannot be quickly or easily corrected, leaving the weapon fully inoperable [as opposed to common autoloader malfunctions that can be worked around by racking the slide/switching to a fresh magazine/etc].

Then again, I could just be bitter because the cylinder on my newly aquired [used] S&W 686 has refused to open since last saturday. Bringing a new purchase back for service before you've even had the chance to get it dirty is no fun...