Maciej

Just Picked Up A Walther P99 9mm AS (Pics)

Wow.. That is a nice looking gun. Might sound dumb but what is wwb ammo? Also how much one of those run ya if u dont mind me asking?

Well the only place I could find the P99 was at Davis up on 17. WWB is Winchester White Box.

As far as the price goes, the gun itself was $679, plus 8.375% tax since it was NY, then I believe I was charged $25 for shipping, and $17 for the NICS up at Thunder Mountain in Ringwood.

Just keep your eyes and ears open for 9mm....it is around. It just gets sold out pretty quick. Last time I was at cheyenne mtn, they had a ton, but were limiting sales to I THINK two boxes per customer per day. Call around, you will find it. Even give PA walmarts a try....blazer brass for $8.97 per box of 50! Limit is 6 boxes per customer per day, bring a friend, no FID necessary in PA to purchase ammo...just proof of age. 21? They can get 6 boxes also.

Just keep your eyes and ears open for 9mm....it is around. It just gets sold out pretty quick. Last time I was at cheyenne mtn, they had a ton, but were limiting sales to I THINK two boxes per customer per day. Call around, you will find it. Even give PA walmarts a try....blazer brass for $8.97 per box of 50! Limit is 6 boxes per customer per day.

I was up at the Milford, PA Walmart and they had nothing, they directed me to a small place called Keystone Arms further down and picked up the 1 box of 100RDS WWB. However the trip was completely worth it, the guy had a beautiful P22 with a suppressor on it <3

lol...yeah, something you don't see around here too often....well, ever for that matter.

I would try calling around first, especially if its a far drive, just to make sure you don't go all the way there just to find empty shelves. Its such a shame we have to go thru this now. Not too long ago, you wouldn't hesitate to go to a store and worry about a limit, or worry about calling first to check availability on ammo. Some things you just dont appreciate until they are gone. :roll:

lol...yeah, something you don't see around here too often....well, ever for that matter.

I would try calling around first, especially if its a far drive, just to make sure you don't go all the way there just to find empty shelves.

Yeah makes sense. It isn't a massive priority although something I'd like to get to have enough for going to the range etc.

I might just find a place online and have it shipped.

I go up yo davis's like once every two weeks. Only place I can find .45acp without having to bend over the counter for it. A friend of mine always finds tons of ammo up there.. Maybe you just got a bad day there.

I go there once a week since I spent the month waiting for my handgun permit to process to have them send the gun over to Thunder Mountain, they said they have an order for I think 300 boxes of 9mm to come in but its no where to be seen for the past month and a half.

Very nice, I want one.

I highly recommend finding one to mess with, its absolutely awesome. The Anti-Stress trigger has the most amazing trigger reset I've ever seen. Its so minuscule that you can only feel it yourself to truly appreciate it.

Congrats on your pistol and great photography!!! Let us know how it shoots. A buddy has one from when they 1st came out. I remember it being very accurate.

I actually got the chance to go to the Bullet Hole last night for a bit to see how it feels.

First off it seems that the tolerances were rather tight and it was begging to be broken in. Since we're in a panic for ammo I was only able to get two boxes of 50rd Magtech ammo. Let me just say that this gun is incredibly accurate, I had the targets which indicate where all of the key shooting points are and first shot was able to hit the medulla oblongata (10pts). The next two shots were right next to it as well, and the rest seven were in the left and right hemispheres of the brain. The only problem I've encountered was one failure to feed and that the magazines are NY Legal (I purchased it from Davis in Sloatsburg). So I need to pick up a few 15 rounds magazines from the Bullet Hole eventually.

The trigger reset deserves its own paragraph, yes its that amazing. If I had to measure it I'd say its approximately 5mm-8mm. Eventually if we have a meet at a shooting range people just must feel it.

You know if you go to Slickdeals.net you can usually find good deals on ammo that is where i pick up most of my ammo it is a forum based site with good deals on just about everything you could ever need

Wow, I never knew that Slickdeals did ammo, I always thought it was just basic stuff. Now I'm definitely going to be focusing on that :D

Have you tried looking for ammo online?

http://ltdammo.com/index.php?main_page= ... ucts_id=60

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/375.php

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_9mm.html

Lot of people dont like Wolf or Brown Bear (or anything Russian), so the Federal AE might be the way to go, even tho it's pricier.

Very nice Walther BTW! I may have to add that one to the "future purchases" list