1LtCAP

john force

i like him. a lot. seems like a really cool guy. has a ton of championships. but....last few years? dude's crashing in serious fashion. as much as it wouldn't seem right seeing a funnycar field without john force....i think dude's gotta retire.

holy hell.....

if ya watch, something's funky with the launch....car kinda jiggled immediately on throttle application...then john just drove too far into it....

2 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Met him a couple of times during FoMoCo corporate events.  Old motor mouth is a hyper dude for sure.  Watched his reality show back in the day.  Worth a rewatch if you can find it.

i didn't know he had one. gonna look for it later tonight.

he crossed the centerline again today, 2nd round qualifying. he wasn't the only one. now i'm wondering if there's something going on with that lane....saw 2 or 3 other funnycars seemingly favor the left side of the right lane......

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

saw 2 or 3 other funnycars seemingly favor the left side of the right lane......

I watched qualifying today after reading your post. There were four other cars that leaned way over towards the center line in that right hand lane besides Force's second run. One of them actually crossed the line, and another also took out a few blocks.

So there may indeed be something going on in that lane.

Just now, 45Doll said:

I watched qualifying today after reading your post. There were four other cars that leaned way over towards the center line in that right hand lane besides Force's second run. One of them actually crossed the line, and another also took out a few blocks.

So there may indeed be something going on in that lane.

well......eliminations are at 7pm. we'll find out then. hopefully this race goes well.

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

thanks!!

both force funnycars out first round. both blew the tires off. i've seen one or two right lane drivers have to correct away from centerline, but not nearly as bad as qualifying.

jr todd just turned his fc into a 11,000 horsepower handgrenade......

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

Yeah. That was a big one!

worst explosion i've seen in a couple years. could you imagine if the body wasn't tethered to the chassis? half of it would be in low earth orbit right now, lol.

good thing was that todd wasn't even hurt. looked more pissed off than anything when he got outta the car.....