bennj

re-instituted restrictions

I started carrying concealed practically everyday, as soon as we were "allowed" to. At first, it felt unsettling. Today, I went to the doctor's and had lunch at a restaurant that serves alcohol, so I couldn't carry concealed, it felt unsettling.

Three steps forward, two steps back.

You're part of the process and forcing the issue with the courts.

Yes, it's a pain, but the more people who get and keep carry permits, the better.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2023 at 9:08 PM, PK90 said:

Concealed means concealed. Just say'n.

Use a CCW in a prohibited location and face felony charges?  No thanks.

Even in a mass shooter incident N.J. would still hit you with weapons offenses and enjoy doing it.

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

I recently made a trip to property we own in Virginia, and got some hands on experience with moving my handgun into and out of secured storage in my car in the process (I don't have Maryland carry privileges, so I had to store it before crossing the MD line from Delaware on the way down, and before crossing into MD from West Virginia on my return). I also had to store for my pee stop at a Virginia rest stop on I81 going down. Maybe I can get used to the process, but right now it is a royal PIMA. I have been avoiding going through the rigamarole and expense involved in getting MD, but I might just need to break down and do it. Just as an aside, I was informed that Virginia changed their law in 2021 to forbid carry in rest stops (among other sites where VA state employees work) and that there were signs posted prominently there, but at the stop at mile 262 of I81 S (New Market) I couldn't find anything posted at all after a 10 minute search on my way back to the car. EDITED TO ADD: I guess this post could be seen as off-topic, but I think it does relate to the reinstituted NJ restrictions increasing the probability of needing to do this holster to lockbox to holster exercise on a regular basis.