SmokenClay

Where can I buy herring

4 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

Thanks but this is the fishing section and I consider them bait.  My Dutch relatives don't really agree but I have yet to succumb to their weirdo ways regardless if they put onions or whatever on it.

Sadly I am my way out with a bucket of shiners...  wish me luck!

4 hours ago, DaddyNick said:

Screenshot_20230801-190718.png

I'm primarily fishing for trout at Round Valley or Merrill Creek.  Always did best with live herring.  I wouldn't mind getting my own herring however that is closed in streams and only allowed in certain lakes which can't be taken from the shoreline.  Can't use a cast net in trout stocked waters so perhaps I could try a dip net at Merrill Creek but no method is allowed at Round Valley.

I just don't see it being worth pissing fishing time away trying to catch herring, I'd rather just buy them if that's still possible.

Bait shop I got the shiners at (The Sporting Life - Nice guys!) mention there's one guy up at Lake Hopatcong but that's a bit of a hike for me.  I would have to get them the afternoon prior and try to keep them alive overnight.  I'm getting desperate so I might just have to give that a whirl.