gunforhire

Gun For Hire Radio #636 we release the carry code revision #6.1374! The lawsuits have been filed and the game is on! Tune in for the current 8 possible qual/requal scenarios. As promised we at GFH are taking care of our own.

Gun For Hire Radio #636 we release the carry code revision #6.1374! The lawsuits have been filed and the game is on! Tune in for the current 8 possible qual/requal scenarios. As promised we at GFH are taking care of our own even though I am an evil capitalist! 

Another great show!  At 17:50, Sandy talks about firing at 25 yards.  The only scenario I can think of where that might be legal would be if a family member is trapped, perhaps under cover?, between you and the perp and the perp is 25 yards from you. 

Defense of another is a justification for using deadly force. I have been saying this for ages in response to the people who don't want to learn to be accurate beyond 10-15 yards. Here's a little, poorly kept secret - if you can hit a 12" target at 25 yards, you can also hit it at any distance closer than that.

Also, they make a big deal of drawing from concealment and that cops don't do it. Ever heard of plain clothes detectives? Also, how many people are going to use a level 3 retention holster for their quals now that they realize that they can use any holster to qualify? Anybody? The uniformed cops do.

Lastly, making a big deal about the questions on the online application regarding local government officials being a 1st tier bonus. This is to force the application to be processed by NJSP instead of the local PD to attempt to eliminate undue influence in the vetting process, not to fasttrack and rubber stamp the application.

7 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

Defense of another is a justification for using deadly force. I have been saying this for ages in response to the people who don't want to learn to be accurate beyond 10-15 yards. Here's a little, poorly kept secret - if you can hit a 12" target at 25 yards, you can also hit it at any distance closer than that.

Also, they make a big deal of drawing from concealment and that cops don't do it. Ever heard of plain clothes detectives? Also, how many people are going to use a level 3 retention holster for their quals now that they realize that they can use any holster to qualify? Anybody? The uniformed cops do.

Lastly, making a big deal about the questions on the online application regarding local government officials being a 1st tier bonus. This is to force the application to be processed by NJSP instead of the local PD to attempt to eliminate undue influence in the vetting process, not to fasttrack and rubber stamp the application.

The point is we are not cops  nor should we have to train like one to exercise a right.  With that said if the state made a curriculum and test both written and live fire and conducted it like hunter Ed free or at little cost their wouldn't be an issue but as it stands ur looking north of 700 to get a permit so a single mother of 3 working to jobs probably can't afford.  Bow we get into no exceptions so if you lost the ability to use one arm you can't get a permit the man in a wheel chair can't as he can't shoot from a kneeling position.  This is simply a back door to them limiting permits it's not about saftey as they say.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Vdep217 said:

The point is we are not cops  nor should we have to train like one to exercise a right.

Agreed, but your choice is comply with the current regs, or don't get your permit any time soon - up to you.

34 minutes ago, Vdep217 said:

as it stands ur looking north of 700 to get a permit so a single mother of 3 working to jobs probably can't afford.

If you include the purchase of the gun, a class or two to learn the basics and the ammo to practice with it, you could be right, probably on the low side.

37 minutes ago, Vdep217 said:

we get into no exceptions

Where does it say no exceptions? The direction is HCQ2 (modified) or substantially similar.

38 minutes ago, Vdep217 said:

if you lost the ability to use one arm you can't get a permit

If you have only 1 usable hand, that hand is both your strong hand and your support hand.

39 minutes ago, Vdep217 said:

the man in a wheel chair can't as he can't shoot from a kneeling position

Kneeling is only called for in phase III. This is where "substantially similar" comes into play.

40 minutes ago, Vdep217 said:

This is simply a back door to them limiting permits it's not about saftey as they say.

Not going to argue with this, although Hanlon's Razor suggests otherwise. 

I got my permit in the beginning and the source I took is sufficient I dropped one round off target I shoot 5 to 6 times a month I have no issues passing it.  As for cost.  Not including gun your north of 700.  You do not need a specific gun to carry although smaller is more comfortable.   425 for class plus ammo 200 for permit

59 minutes ago, Vdep217 said:

425 for class plus ammo

Good lord! That's a lot for a class. I have paid $900 for a 3 day class with Rob Leatham and Mike Seeklander which was way above what's needed for passing a qual for a carry permit.