Sign in to follow this  
unloco

High Point 995?

Not everybody can afford a Cx 4. You're comparing an $800 machine to a $200 gun....

No, I'm saying save your $ & get the CX4. Well worth it. Fire both & you will never want to touch a Hi-Point again

+1 Bullet Hole has one and it looked and felt like crap. They also had a Cx4 and it's a totally different gun.

IMHO-we are camparing apples and oranges here, one is a precision weapon and the other is cheap home protection......I bought mine right after 911 at my local sporting goods store, actually a friend of mine called from the store and told me he was getting one so I went there and I also got one, then about 6 others we know got them... I have put about 600 rounds thru it without a problem.It may not be the most accurate or the best made, but you get what you pay for and I think at that price you are getting a good deal. And now companies are starting to make cool accesories for it...

furthermore, warranty and customer support at hi point is supposed to be great, and for those who care it is made in the U.S.A.

IMHO-we are camparing apples and oranges here, one is a precision weapon and the other is cheap home protection......I bought mine right after 911 at my local sporting goods store, actually a friend of mine called from the store and told me he was getting one so I went there and I also got one, then about 6 others we know got them... I have put about 600 rounds thru it without a problem.It may not be the most accurate or the best made, but you get what you pay for and I think at that price you are getting a good deal. And now companies are starting to make cool accesories for it...

furthermore, warranty and customer support at hi point is supposed to be great, and for those who care it is made in the U.S.A.

I'm sorry but the precision weapon should be used for home protection as well.

I was looking at the 995 and the 4095 carbines myself. Have a friend who owns one and he totally loves it. Besides him I've always heard good things about it from those who own them. Its not the prettiest gun nor the most accurate, but for someone new to guns who's on a budget that want a halfway decent home defense gun you can't go wrong with a Hi-Point carbine is what I always hear. It shoots straight, can still hit a man sized target a little over 100 yards away, fairly reliable so long as you stay away from the ProMag 15rd mags, and will shoot dirty without complaining much if at all. Only down falls are its ugly, feels cheap, and is a bitch to tear down for cleaning.

Personally I might still get either a Hi-Point or Keltec for a cheap range shooter.

After all is said here...im still going to puchase one for my own reasons and mod it. Maybe i can turn it into a not so ugly duckling.....

Go for it. I'm not going to tell you what to buy. As long as people are buying guns LEGALLY, I ain't gonna knock ya. My fathers friend, who's a retired cop, was so against me buying a Taurus that he actually called my father to tell me not to buy it. To each his own.

DeFuglyfying is right...when i get it in a few days, i will post pics here...and about Taurus, i heard so much crap about Taurus 1911's...bought one from Bullethole and after 800 rounds, not one missfire, jam...NADA....accurate too.

DeFuglyfying is right...when i get it in a few days, i will post pics here...and about Taurus, i heard so much crap about Taurus 1911's...bought one from Bullethole and after 800 rounds, not one missfire, jam...NADA....accurate too.

Saw it on the picture thread, looks good.

Thanks Ray...just goes to show you cant always rely on others opinions, just experience for yourself.....

I was talking about your Taurus. Not the Hi-Point. The hi-point is ugly no matter what stock you throw on it. But that stainless 1911 Taurus? That's a beauty.

"just goes to show you cant always rely on others opinions, just experience for yourself....." Yes Ray, thats what i was saying, heard lots of negative things about Taurus, but didnt listen to most of em until i fired and checked it out myself. Great gun.

I have the 995 and first thing I did was to convert it to the ATI stock. It shoots really well, never have I had a jam, and I have put some of the cheapo ammo through it and still works like a charm. I have only shot it out to 50 yds, but can nail a paper plate size target with all 10 shots in the magazine each time.

It was the second rifle I got. When talking money you do get what you pay for. So IMO the 995 is worth what it is and nothing more.

I just finaly this past week got my AR that I have always wanted, but that was after getting my Saiga, last year.

Karateman...The saigas are awesome, to me the best buy by far...you cant go wrong there. I also purchased my first AR15 last month and i am upgrading it with a few goodies...that 995 is on the back burner for now, but i will def get my hands on one soon...just for kicks while i still can!!

I have the 995 and first thing I did was to convert it to the ATI stock. It shoots really well, never have I had a jam, and I have put some of the cheapo ammo through it and still works like a charm. I have only shot it out to 50 yds, but can nail a paper plate size target with all 10 shots in the magazine each time.

It was the second rifle I got. When talking money you do get what you pay for. So IMO the 995 is worth what it is and nothing more.

I just finaly this past week got my AR that I have always wanted, but that was after getting my Saiga, last year.

question, with the ATI stock is it easier to tear down for cleaning? I noticed that in stock form its tedious to take apart.

I like the beautiful ugliness of the original stock. It actually feels really good to me. I have yet to do any serious shooting with mine, but I blasted a magazine away in the yard without a hiccup.

Shooting in the yard, that sounds like fun. I hate Hudson County.