Sign in to follow this  
unloco

High Point 995?

I know someone that has one. It doesn't jam too much and it can hit somewhere on the target at 100 yards, usually. Other than that, what's there to know? They're a cheap carbine that generally goes bang when you pull the trigger. You can beat the crap out of it and no one would be able to tell the difference between that and a new one.

They can be just as fun as any other rifle when you find the ammo it likes and you've got the right amount of cleaning and lubrication.

the kids love it...all the animals inside the large fish tank nice restaurant etc...worth the drive....if you are planning on buying a long gun expect and hour or two before you can finish the transaction and get the always looked forward to walk of shame by a store employee to your car :lol:

the kids love it...all the animals inside the large fish tank nice restaurant etc...worth the drive....if you are planning on buying a long gun expect and hour or two before you can finish the transaction and get the always looked forward to walk of shame by a store employee to your car :lol:

I went there with the wife to pick up my AR. This was her first trip into my world. She actually liked the place and loved the fish tank too! She remembers when the store employee pulled out my AR, all the guys around stopped to take a peak. The walk of shame was like, "here's your gun, now get out!"

I went there with the wife to pick up my AR. This was her first trip into my world. She actually liked the place and loved the fish tank too! She remembers when the store employee pulled out my AR, all the guys around stopped to take a peak. The walk of shame was like, "here's your gun, now get out!"

They do the walk of shame at Dicks too, except at Cabela's they are much nicer about it

LOL when I bought my first gun, my shotgun at gander everything was on the counter we just had finished I go to grab the gun and the bag and the guy is like no no no. I'm like what are you talking about, it's my gun. He's like I have to walk you to the front of the store. My jaw hit the floor I'm like wow isn't this demoralizing LOL.

Gotta love the hatred towards us Jersey people. Time for some change

Junk. Felt like crap when I fired it. I prefer my CX4

+1000

It may cost triple the price, but the quality, reliability, and aftermarket stuff is excellent. Hi Point is garbage.

Junk. Felt like crap when I fired it. I prefer my CX4

Hi Point is garbage.

i have heard the same :?:

I dont know if I would go as far as saying they are plain ol garbage... but having handled, not shot, both the pistol and carbine... they do reflect the pricetag they demand. apparently though, the carbine... even though the stock is not amazing quality, is reliable.

furthermore, warranty and customer support at hi point is supposed to be great.

I dont know if I would go as far as saying they are plain ol garbage... but having handled, not shot, both the pistol and carbine... they do reflect the pricetag they demand. apparently though, the carbine... even though the stock is not amazing quality, is reliable.

furthermore, warranty and customer support at hi point is supposed to be great.

I could understand if you didn't make alot of money, and really needed a firearm, but most, if not all of us on this forum can save a little more scratch and buy quality. I originaly wanted either a Hi point or Kel-Tec, but the Beretta Cx4 was just a better purchase. 800 rounds and 200 bucks in accesories later, I aint lookin back.

One of my buddies has a WIDE collection, if I had to guess, over 200 guns, one of which is the HiPoint Carbine and he has said that despite the price and quality, it's a good shooter and he has fun with it. The majority of his collection is Smith and Ruger revolvers - he's not a low buck firearm kind of guy...