Sign in to follow this  

So the shootout in Jersey City contained a pump shotgun.

Turns out it had a pistol grip, and could hold more than 5 rounds.

From what I've read in NJ AWB, only *semi auto* shotguns have limits on magazine capacity, and features like said pistol grip.

But then on newjerseyhunter.com, I'm told that it doesn't matter what type of shotgun, pistol grips are a no go, and the magazine limit is 3. Is this true? I'd hate to get an antique Winchester Model 12, and find it's illegal in NJ cause it holds 5 rounds.

DId you see that fat piece of poop they had on the news from the Jersey City Police saying how this gun is only made to kill people? Stupid douche doesnt know his a$$ from his elbow when it comes to guns.

Seems the profanity filter has been turned on....

It was always on. ;)

So the shootout in Jersey City contained a pump shotgun.

Turns out it had a pistol grip, and could hold more than 5 rounds.

From what I've read in NJ AWB, only *semi auto* shotguns have limits on magazine capacity, and features like said pistol grip.

But then on newjerseyhunter.com, I'm told that it doesn't matter what type of shotgun, pistol grips are a no go, and the magazine limit is 3. Is this true? I'd hate to get an antique Winchester Model 12, and find it's illegal in NJ cause it holds 5 rounds.

Hunting/Game Laws are different from gun laws. If you are hunting, you stick a plug in your mag tube so you can only load three rounds. The ones that come with Mossbergs are just a piece of wood dowel with o rings on it. Remington has a plastic plug you can buy for a few bucks.

My Mossberg 590 holds 8+1. No problem.. Perfectly legal.

As a side note, Even on a stock saiga-12, you can have a magazine of up to 15 rounds, as it is detachable.

I read one of the news stories today that the police cheif reported that the suspect had an "automatic weapon".

I read one of the news stories today that the police cheif reported that the suspect had an "automatic weapon".

That was ol' rub-a-dub, errr, I mean Mayor Healy. He was corrected by the Chief of Police.

If JC wins the Supreme Court case, I expect all types of crazy gun laws getting passed in Jersey City.

The J. City Mayor and P. Chief were ranting like lunatics. My prayers are with the families of the Officers who were shot in this tragedy.

Again, they are targeting an inanimate object as the criminal in this case. All of a sudden, the pump shotgun becomes a demon. I'd be confident in saying that there are probably more pump shotguns in NJ than any other gun. As others have said, there is no magazine limit on the pump, until you get up to 15 of course.

My Bunka Busta

P1010152.jpg

Yea, I was watching the late night news about what had happened. To me it seemed that the authorities were up in arms about the weapon used, while the locals of JC could care less about the weapon in question, but the lack of response from the JC authorities in combating scum like this.

I too am hoping for a speedy recovery as well for the wounded.

The response to me is the classic case of "means vs. ends." The authorities are treating the firearm has an "end," while it really is a "means." EVERYBODY ELSE realizes this, yet, these yuppies are preaching this garbage when they should be doing something about the actual problem.