xXxplosive

Is This......Good or Bad.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/czech-it-company-gobbles-up-us-ammo-manufacturers-remington-federal-cci-and-others-being-sold-off/ar-AA1izXil?ocid=msedgdh

Czech IT gobbles up US Ammunition manufacturing companies..................Whoa.

One 30 yr. old Czech guy is about to own, pending regulatory hurdles, Vista's ammo businesses, your Federal, Speer, CCI, Remington, etc. Incidentally, this same Czech company / guy also owns 70% stake in Fiocchi.

Trying to think through the consequences of that. There is a common opinion that Vista has been making a killing on ammo sales recently. I don't have access to their books and I don't know one way or another. However, it seems unlikely that a company would sell their proverbial cash cow unless a) the cow is not making as much cash as we think or b) the company thinks that we're at the peak prices and wants to sell at peak value. In other words, I wonder if Vista thinks that the prices will have to come down. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I am not too happy about one company, especially foreign one, having an outsized influence on US ammo market and prices.

• Like 1

The Czech Republic is one of the European countries that has an appreciation for NATO (along with Poland and a few other countries) and I believe actually pays the appropriate amount to fund NATO.  With that in mind, they are more pro-gun.  I believe Winchester has an ammo plant there as as well.  However, selling the company to a country outside the US allows anti-gunners like Biden to ban imports from even more countries.  Given the back-door attempts to get around the second amendment, I can see Biden and Biden-types inventing problems with countries like The Czech Republic and Serbia (Prvi Partizan!) to ban more imports.

• Agree 1

It definitely sounds concerning! As a general rule, I don't like any kind of monopoly.

So, let's hope like hell that this young industry titan shares the sentiment of many of his countrymen when it comes to gun rights. The Czech Republic, having been Nazi-occupied and then Soviet-occupied for far too many years, has turned out to be a real defiant "outlier" in Europe when it comes to gun rights. They even added individual gun rights into their constitution a couple of years back (and that was largely influenced by their study and appreciation of our own 2nd Amendment - as I've read in other articles, and not the one cited here). 

Czech Lawmakers Vote to add 2nd Amendment to Constitution :: Guns.com

Ooops - father-of-three was quicker on the draw!! LOL.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1