MikeA

MikeA

Hi Everyone, 

Thank you for accepting me into the group, I'm a month away from 78 years old and from Monroe Township N.J.

A little about me, I have tried to get my wife to move out of this God forsaken state but she says we're too old now. I think NJ is a beautiful state but it's run by morons and I despise Murphy with a passion.  He lets illegals run wild, releases murders back onto the streets,  wants to let some elected officials allowed to carry anyplace with no training but he refuses to let me protect myself and wife from the garbage he puts on our streets. Years ago if trouble came I was ready to fight. Nowadays that's not the case as I'm dealing with a body that is wracked with arthritis in my hands, back and shoulders. Needless to say that I'm physically unable to protect myself or my wife if attacked.

I am very nervous about our safety when we go out. I feel pretty safe around Monroe as we have a great police fore. The problem is that anywhere else I don't feel safe and in all honesty I'm scared for our safety. I was going to carry my Glock43x without a permit but my wife went nuts on me. So I just got the Byrna and will carry that since Murphy has put me in the unsafe position of a citizen and not a criminal.  

I'm not looking to kill anybody just to protect myself and wife of 56 years when away from our home. I'm hoping to never have to use the Byrna or the guns I have at home for that matter. But Murphy has given me no choice but to protect my family  and I will do that and let 12 people judge my actions.

Thank you for the welcome. Yes I am aware of that but to be honest I really don't want to kill anybody and bring on all kinds of lawsuits as well. I just want to be able to get away from danger as fast as I can. That's my reason for the Byrna. If I ever have to draw it it'll be because I have no other choice.  

Another reason is since I have the arthritis in my hands my loaded Glock has gotten pretty heavy in my hands. I even have a little trouble at the range. So the Byrna is much lighter in my hands and gives me better control, no recoil and in practice I'm kind of a good shot.

Welcome to this hot mess!  :)

By far the vast majority of Conceal Carry encounters are resolved without a shot being fired.

You may want to look into a carry gun more suited to your circumstances.  Perhaps a revolver?  Or a semi-auto that doesn't require you to rack the slide to load it such as a Beretta Tomcat or any semi-autos with a "tip-up barrel" design.  

Any excuse to buy a new gun is a good excuse!!

Thank you for the welcome Glen

A buddy of mine who has a carry permit just told me that Murphy change the rules again and while he  still has a year and a half left on the permit, his permit now expires on Dec 31st. Plus he has to take the test again, plus now draw from his holster and pay $275 more. 

Murphy is the worse POS in the country when it comes to protecting yourself and family when away from home.

He has security protecting him and his family and so do some of his cronies. Why is the safety of his family and his cronies more important than mine? Especially with all the illegal he's brought into the state and criminals he's released, screw him I'll do what I have to do. Hopefully that will be nothing but I'll be prepared to defend whether that POS likes it or not.

5 minutes ago, MikeA said:

A buddy of mine who has a carry permit just told me that Murphy change the rules again and while he  still has a year and a half left on the permit, his permit now expires on Dec 31st. Plus he has to take the test again, plus now draw from his holster and pay $275 more. 

His permit will only become invalid on Jan 1, 2024 if he has not completed the updated training and qualification. The permit expiration date remains what is printed on it. There are places to get the training done cheaper than $275.

If Phillipsburg is a reasonable distance for him to travel, have him contact me. I will get him up to speed for $150.