45Doll

CCW Is Implemented - Shootings Go Down!

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

That's remarkable.   I recall the AG stating at the news conference where NJ reluctantly admitted they'd have to start allowing CCW permits that they expected 200,000 applications for such permits in the first year alone.  And now this.

i seem to recall having read similar numbers when florida went to shall-issue some years ago, and for some reason oregon is sticking in my head with something like this too.

that said.......i saw the articles stating this. now come the articles that pick one city where it went up a little.

• Agree 1

Well whaddaya know!  Even with 42 or so states allowing their citizens to exercise their 2A right to defend themselves, NJ continued to insist that if law abiding citizens were allowed to carry firearms there would be blood in the streets.  Nice to see there is now data proving that does not happen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

i seem to recall having read similar numbers when florida went to shall-issue some years ago, and for some reason oregon is sticking in my head with something like this too.

that said.......i saw the articles stating this. now come the articles that pick one city where it went up a little.

I saw an article that said Dayton and another OH city had gun crime go up after allowing CCW, but did state that crime was down State wide.  Of course the headline was Dayton gun crime up after CCW.  :(   

4 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

2 hours ago, ESB said:

I saw an article that said Dayton and another OH city had gun crime go up after allowing CCW, but did state that crime was down State wide.  Of course the headline was Dayton gun crime up after CCW.  :(   

yea. that's how they're trying to spin it now.