Sign in to follow this  
Chad

Yet another Newark Shooting...

they should take some of the empty buildings,put bars and a razor wire fence on it

and systematically round up all the gang members and give them a new home and let obama

and pelosi feed them..kinda like "Fort apache the Bronx"

I love when I hear about Newark shootings. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside considering I got to school in the damn town! YAY for NJIT

And I tell you that it's like Nirvana compared to when I went there and that was light years better than the guys who had to go during the late 60's...

If I tell you where I used to have to park and what we used to have to walk past you'd be appalled. But, what the heck $1500 per semester was worth it.

yeah now its almost 7k a semester and the education value has dropped significantly.

When my grandfather was in the hospital he had a nurse who went to umdnj back in the 70's she said that was an interesting time. I can only imagine.

yeah now its almost 7k a semester and the education value has dropped significantly.

When my grandfather was in the hospital he had a nurse who went to umdnj back in the 70's she said that was an interesting time. I can only imagine.

and it keeps going up significantly every year... but on the plus side, its still way cheaper than any other state school in the garden state. im almost done there, on my way towards a BSIT degree.

this is true but if you ask me, for the education, well atleast in the architecture school the education is total crap. I've learned 10 times more working for an Architect than by going to school. I was a better designer before i went to college than I am now. I hate that place with all the hatred that i posses

this is true but if you ask me, for the education, well atleast in the architecture school the education is total crap. I've learned 10 times more working for an Architect than by going to school. I was a better designer before i went to college than I am now. I hate that place with all the hatred that i posses

IMO it's still one of the better Arch schools on the east coast.

ehhh i dunno about that one. My boss's son goes to roger williams he seems to like it, I have a friend at University of Miami and she loves it. They actually still do stuff on paper I'm quite jealous. I've also heard good things about the University of Philly I believe it was, they have a decent archi program as well. The Archi program has changed greatly at NJIT in the past 5-10 years. Everyone I work with has gone there and the change is quite dramatic. They tell me stuff that they use to teach and they don't even touch on this type of stuff even though its quite important.

NJIT has now become in my opinion a strictly modernist school that believes everything in the past that isn't of a modernist type of design is crap and don't even think about mentioning it. Its quite the outlook.

So, eat their modernism crap until you're done and then go and design whatever you like, just don't forget what you like! I think it's actually good that very little or nothing is done on paper any longer. Certainly there are basic skills that need to be taught, but CAD has come so far in the last 15 years that the amount of Archs still doing work by hand falls each day. There are some things for which onionskin / tissue are still quite necessary or even easier, but the lions share of the arch work done today is in cad.

Frankly, the future will be in energy conservation/green/LEED. If I were you, I would get LEED certified even before you graduate if at all possible. It spans MANY fields. The neat trick would be to combine the energy conservation end with renovation or even historic preservation. THAT is a field that could be ripe for the picking when you realize that a large portion of residential housing in NYC is 100yrs old or older.